Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

The Grimace posted:

First 8bitdo? I love 'em. I generally go for the gripless varieties that are more like SNES controllers, but you can't go wrong either way.

Yep! My 360 pad is starting to drift and I wanted something with a better d-pad for when I eventually get a Mistr. I kept seeing them pop up in the Retro Games thread. I was initially gonna go gripless, but yeah, my hands cramp up too much anymore when using old SNES and Famicom pads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ulillinguist
Dec 17, 2011

It's not easy being 40C000
Parallaxing to the Xtreme

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Merry Chrysler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeUgOru7-s

It's christmun.

Ulillinguist fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 25, 2023

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

ChickenHeart posted:

Superfly is completely zonked-out on catnip and wishes you a merry xmas

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

fully expecting the raiders to be a clownshow

It's a true Xmas miracle! Raiders win!

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Merry Holidays!

Fatigued
Feb 5, 2010
Nap Ghost
Merry Christmas! I got the flu on Friday so I got to spend Christmas enjoying that, first time I've ever had the flu.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

A perfect encapsulation of her majesty

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Buuuuurrrrrrrpppp

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
HIIIIGHWAY TO THE MANGER ZONE

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I gave away my best haul for Christmas this year. Gave my best friend / brother a brand new PC case for his new gaming computer and helped him build it. A friend of mine had a few student loans payments left so I went ahead and paid it off for her as im sure it will be a thrill for her (I still think at the time of writing this she does not know I paid it off yet). And I donated a grand to saveafox to help Mikayla continue to rescue more for the 500 foxes she had a goal for this year.

I did get myself some Dr. Squatch soaps, lotions, beard balm, and deodorant. A big fox plushie named Big Todd, some burbon for recovering from the flu this week, and some new headphones to enjoy Pump it Up with.

Seriously love me some Pump it Up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLWup8SIDnY

But I am glad this year I felt great about giving. I was never really good about giving presents to my close friends and whatnot and always for over 15+ years asked to never get me anything. But this year I am so glad I was able to give what I could. Even if it was the opportunity to love myself for a change.

Merry Christmas everyone.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

goatface posted:

Gripless controllers give my hands cramps at their mere mention. I have no idea how we survived in the before times.

Y'know, I almost always agree, but there's something about the 8bitdo SN30 design that works well for me. I think it's because unlike a normal SNES controller, my thumbs rest on the analog sticks that are added, and it feels ergonomically comfy. I still generally rather have grips on controllers, but with the 8bitdo, I'm fine either way.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

The yuppies in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation did nothing wrong :colbert:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

MrQwerty posted:

fully expecting the raiders to be a clownshow

:wth:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
went to visit dad for christmas, I had forboding feelings after he asked me to pick up a package on his front step while he was on a trip recently, and I saw the name "ROBOSEN" emblazoned on the box.

my fears came true when he had a couple gifts for me, one small one that was a shirt, one small one that was a box, and one gigantic box. opening the small box spoiled what the big box was

sure enough inside the big box was this thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPJyQw7p8Y&hd=1

I remember seeing a review of their Optimus Prime and the reviewer proceeded to have an existential crisis about it and I gotta say, I'm not really keen to repeat the process. It's an incredibly impressive piece of tech, being a very complicated small robot that fully transforms and does a ton of other things, but it's not a toy, or something to fiddle with which is like the whole point of high-end transformers products. it's a very complicated gimmicky robot. I do appreciate my dad thinking "oh, my son likes transformers, and that looks like an amazing thing, I'll get him that!" and thanked him and didn't disparage his generosity, but honestly it's the sort of situation where if he was going to drop 1.6 grand on me I'd have asked if he could replace the aging front door of my house or put a chunk towards a new fence for my dogs instead. my dad is very well off but also extremely capricious with his money, so trying to actually ask him for financial help is generally met with a rebuke, while other times he will suddenly drop cash or expensive gifts on me out of nowhere.

other than that, the visit was wonderful! he got chinese food yesterday and so we ate well, chatted and called family, and then watched a bunch of youtube videos, he likes science videos so we watched a lot of scishow and kurzgesagt.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Gaylor Moon posted:

HIIIIGHWAY TO THE MANGER ZONE

Imagine Eddie Vedder pronouncing Myrrh

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Captain Invictus posted:

went to visit dad for christmas, I had forboding feelings after he asked me to pick up a package on his front step while he was on a trip recently, and I saw the name "ROBOSEN" emblazoned on the box.

my fears came true when he had a couple gifts for me, one small one that was a shirt, one small one that was a box, and one gigantic box. opening the small box spoiled what the big box was

sure enough inside the big box was this thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvPJyQw7p8Y&hd=1

I remember seeing a review of their Optimus Prime and the reviewer proceeded to have an existential crisis about it and I gotta say, I'm not really keen to repeat the process. It's an incredibly impressive piece of tech, being a very complicated small robot that fully transforms and does a ton of other things, but it's not a toy, or something to fiddle with which is like the whole point of high-end transformers products. it's a very complicated gimmicky robot. I do appreciate my dad thinking "oh, my son likes transformers, and that looks like an amazing thing, I'll get him that!" and thanked him and didn't disparage his generosity, but honestly it's the sort of situation where if he was going to drop 1.6 grand on me I'd have asked if he could replace the aging front door of my house or put a chunk towards a new fence for my dogs instead. my dad is very well off but also extremely capricious with his money, so trying to actually ask him for financial help is generally met with a rebuke, while other times he will suddenly drop cash or expensive gifts on me out of nowhere.

other than that, the visit was wonderful! he got chinese food yesterday and so we ate well, chatted and called family, and then watched a bunch of youtube videos, he likes science videos so we watched a lot of scishow and kurzgesagt.

It's a cool dinosaur robot though

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

ChickenHeart posted:

It's a cool dinosaur robot though

It's amazing but it also feels like the thing you pull out to show people once and otherwise it lives in the box.

It really is wild though

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for continuing to make this place awesome.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
But is it, though? “Merry” is such a subjective term.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Thanks for doing the needful, Bad Purchase. It's not a proper Christmas without old friends.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

maybeadracula posted:

It's amazing but it also feels like the thing you pull out to show people once and otherwise it lives in the box.

It really is wild though
that's exactly why. at least I think this one has locking knees so that if its battery runs out it doesn't just topple forward when its knee servomotors turn off like the robosen optimus prime does.

it's a very cool robot in theory, don't get me wrong, but there's really not a lot you can DO with it. except sell it, which I will, but since fees for something like this will be $200+ on ebay, I'd rather dad have asked me to give him ideas for what I'd like for christmas rather than grabbing random stuff.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Merry Christmas everyone! Thanks for continuing to make this place awesome.
thanks for turning the crank to keep this place going before returning to your restless slumber.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
Merry Christmas all ya crazy folks!

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Liquid Chicken posted:

Merry Christmas all ya crazy folks!

If I could see this post past all the halos I'd be furious.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZnmexLbRmI

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Merry Christmas, God bless us every goon!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

merry christmas to all the dads out there

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Feliz Navidad gay, so what

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
The Giants suck rear end smdh why do i watch this

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

It's a true Xmas miracle! Raiders win!

Lol it's been a wild ride this season

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

Lol it's been a wild ride this season

As the Production Assistants finalize the "2023 Retrospectives" that will begin airing on the news at 4(AM) tomorrow, let us give thanks for the Pats and Raiders winning this blessed Christmas time.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

let us give thanks for the Pats

No, not that

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

No, not that

They beat Denver.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

They beat Denver.

One time the raiders and the pats played this game that prevents me from ever showing any respect to the pats

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Captain Invictus posted:

that's exactly why. at least I think this one has locking knees so that if its battery runs out it doesn't just topple forward when its knee servomotors turn off like the robosen optimus prime does.

it's a very cool robot in theory, don't get me wrong, but there's really not a lot you can DO with it. except sell it, which I will, but since fees for something like this will be $200+ on ebay, I'd rather dad have asked me to give him ideas for what I'd like for christmas rather than grabbing random stuff.

Can I have it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

MrQwerty posted:

One time the raiders and the pats played this game that prevents me from ever showing any respect to the pats

The Christmas Snow Bowl, god bless it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

redshirt posted:

The Christmas Snow Bowl, god bless it.

Woodson 0wns and made Tom Brady look like a clown on more than one occasion

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
No cheeses for us meeces

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Merry Christmas 🎁⛄ to those that celebrate!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Opened presents, took a walk with my wife, watched Die Hard, made ham and cheesy potatoes for dinner then watched Spirited. Pretty good day.

Merry Christmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.

Presto posted:

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!