Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE
aaaaand i just saw that apparently gorrillion is apparently alt right holocaust denial shitfuckery????

i hate this loving world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

In 2024 I’ll touch a computer

And the hosed up thing about it? Someone’s gonna pay me for it

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

ADINSX posted:

In 2024 I’ll touch a computer

And the hosed up thing about it? Someone’s gonna pay me for it

nah the hosed up bit is im supposed to be leading others and teaching them how to touch computer

i never wanted to be the devil but here we are

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the AI bubble will be pumped up even more insanely.

elon will find new ways to be a terrible person.

apple will release a phone. it will be a boring incremental improvement.

apple will release their insanely expensive vr headset. it will be sold out forever despite the price and not having any apps. actual uses remain unclear.

google will do absolutely nothing worth remembering, like every year.

meta will pioneer new pants rendering technology for their metaverse legs that nobody will use.

all streaming services will consolidate into one big service called CABLE. the only one not joining will be apple tv plus, which will raise its prices to $25 per month.

intel’s chip business will continue to deflate until they are bailed out by AMD.

intel discrete GPU lines will be officially cancelled.

amd will continue to not make software that rivals cuda in any way.

Microsoft will get serious about windows for arm. they will convince chip vendors and oems to spend a lot of money on this. they will change direction and pull back from it all in 2025, screwing those vendors.

nvidia will make a gpu that requires an EV charger to power.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

year of linux on the desktop

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the Linux kernel people will start fighting with the rust people. Linus will get pissed and yank all rust code out of the kernel.

windows whatever version we’re on will be shitted up with ai everything. you will need to pay a subscription fee for it to work, or else live without it but with all windows features constantly breaking because they depend on it.

macOS will continue the trend of needlessly making everything worse.

Modular’s mojo language (python fork) will become popular and python people are going to become extremely angry about this.

rust will be banned as a cult in Germany.

threads will replace twitter as the social network of record. mastodon will remain the linux of social networks.

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
our sweet innocent boy sbf will be publicly executed for crimes he did not commit

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
hans reiser will be found innocent and released from prison, where he'll continue work on his filesystem

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
john mcafee will return from beyond the grave, carried on the back of a blue whale and bringing with him an entirely new and never seen before non-pos os which will herald a new era of computing

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
2023 was the year of Linux on the desktop, so 2024 will be the year of Hurd on the desktop

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

interestingly 2023 was both the year of linux on windows on the desktop and of windows on linux on the desktop.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
apple will finally give up on the ios horseshit and switch over to webos, to great rejoicing.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
2 tragic events will happen in january and people will yearn for 2023

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
predicting the sequel to covid : covids

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
speaking of, how come hollywood hasn’t made a movie about covid? didn’t take them this long to make a movie about 9/11

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

echinopsis posted:

speaking of, how come hollywood hasn’t made a movie about covid? didn’t take them this long to make a movie about 9/11

they already did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5povsMKfT4

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that movie was some good terrifying poo poo, but when you saw it you were like meh the bubonic plague was worse

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
sorry that joke was awfully executed

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

they did it was awesome

https://youtube.com/watch?v=-KJRVuikVhY

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

echinopsis posted:

dreams are free

:mad:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

hans reiser will be found innocent and released from prison, where he'll continue work on his filesystem

he is risen :pray:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

he is reisen

he is . . . ryzen ?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
2024 : operating systems will start experimenting with a subscription model

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
im gonna get an 8% raise

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

fart simpson posted:

im gonna get an 8% raise

that's higher than inflation and gdp growth for china and does not sound very fair or equitable, fart

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

shitface posted:

that's higher than inflation and gdp growth for china and does not sound very fair or equitable, fart

i might be wrong im just predicting

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Bloody posted:

he is reisen

he is . . . ryzen ?

jizzin’ 4 reiserfs

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

fart simpson posted:

im gonna get an 8=====D% raise

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i know this is hosed up if true, but tori is still going to be jyzzin for ryzen.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
amd adds more cores

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m probably not going to upgrade my computer

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Silver Alicorn posted:

I’m probably not going to upgrade my computer

if im lucky i'll be able to downgrade mine

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
In 2024 they're going to invent a new kind of pop-up that every website will have. It will go in-between the "select your cookie preferences" one and the "this website is better experienced using our app" one, maybe it'll be after the "this website would like to know your location one".

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

In 2024 they're going to invent a new kind of pop-up that every website will have. It will go in-between the "select your cookie preferences" one and the "this website is better experienced using our app" one, maybe it'll be after the "this website would like to know your location one".

"please consider disabling Tracking Protection for this site. click here to see how"

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i welcome anything that makes my browsing experience more hellish and terrible, thus discouraging me from spending time in front of a computer screen

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

2024 will be more difficult than 2023

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m going to eat a California burrito

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009
on the 9th of november, an air traffic control tower will collapse onto two planes

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

prices are going up up up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

one of these posters...

will...

die!