Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
Started reading a book on Bleeding Kansas, and the events leading to the tensions that caused the American Civil War:

Which I am thoroughly enjoying because writing like:

Jay Monaghan posted:

American Patriots had fought George III, and embattled frontiersmen could yet conquer King Cotton-Bobbin.

The author roasts pro slavery figures on a personal level fairly regularly, as well, which is shocking for a book written in 1955 by a man born in the 1890s.

Vile_Nihlist666 fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Bottom Liner posted:

Ok, I'm sold. I've been wanting to read more american history and this sounds great in topic fraught with bullshit

The only biography on the author I can find

A reivew on this site gives an overview of what to expect.