Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula, and it's interesting to read a chapter about blood transfusion where the most suitable donor is a strong young man who loves his wife the most, and women are never considered. It's not a surprise or anything, the theme of men trying to care about and provide love to their partners in the face of unquestionable evil is a strong theme - the incredible power of bravery in the face of unimaginable evil is treated almost like science fiction.

TheMostFrench fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

My sister in law has all of the Discworld novels, so I've been borrowing a few of those at a time this year.
I finished Going Postal last week and now reading Making Money.

These books are really engaging and it's been so easy to follow and imagine the way characters communicate with each other, normally I struggle to picture anything that's going on, but this writing has been.. convincing, I guess?

On that note, the characters themselves are often really interesting and I want to know where the story is leading them, so I'm holding that book open longer than I normally would.