Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

just read The Tragedy of Pudd'nhead Wilson on the plane. Twain was a very funny guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I listened to all of HP Lovecraft's stuff on YouTube, because this guy has the perfect voice and accent for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiY3wz6ZcM0

Maybe don't do it at work though

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cumpantry posted:

i dont see the application of audiobooks without a real commute to listen to them through. sitting in traffic for an hour is miserable so i understand craving a story. but when else am i supposed to feel like specifically listening? am i meant to sit on the couch and just close my eyes or something? lay in bed? very strange concept. if i'm specifically reading then i'm taking the time to understand the author and that means rereading passages or just in general setting my pace. otherwise im meant to pretend theres just this guy in my living room talking to me who i cant stop and ask for clarification without screeching the brakes? i like to listen to music while reading, now ive got to gently caress around with an audio mixer like im producing an album just to balance it and whatever rear end in a top hat i have yapping in my ears. it really would be different if a trained orator recited a tale before me but that but canned doesnt sound that appealing. the more i ramble about this the more set in my way i feel that audiobooks are lame as hell. dont even get me started about the Nintendo Switch

baal runs

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Kindles are pretty sweet