Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I'm in the middle of War and Peace and I'm really enjoying it. I don't get the reputation it has as a hard book to read. It's not a difficult book at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

im on the epilogue of war and peace and for christs sake tolstoy wrap it up already. good book though

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

after war and peace ive went on a strugatsky brothers kick. i read the doomed city and roadside picnic. both are really good and i like how they dont waste time giving long explanations of the world, it just exists and here are the characters and the challenges they face. roadside picnic was really good. ive seen tarkovskys movie a few times and played the games and always thought the games were good but they really missed the point of the book.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

now its time for american true crime. specifically in cold blood. good book so far, but i have to stop myself reading it as truman capote as played by philip seymour hoffman.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I'm two thirds of the way through The Three Body Problem and...it loving sucks. It's so boring. I feel like the author crams in a bunch of technical bullshit to cover up a mediocre story. I don't loving care about the wavelength size of the red coast dish. If I wanted a technical journal I'd read PLOS One. Unless it picks up I don't think I'm gonna finish the trilogy.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The books suck poo poo.

Oh good, I'm gonna dump that book and read something else then.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

I'll give the Mars trilogy another try. I bailed in the middle of Red Mars after it seemed like all they did was have space orgies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i decided to skip the mars trilogy and am giving solaris a read. two chapters in and its already a better book than three body problem.