Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
For Christmas I got a copy of Field&Stream's THE TOTAL GUN MANUAL: 375 ESSENTIAL SHOOTING SKILLS and section 176 has some good poo poo I shall transcribe for your goddamn pleasure OP:

176: BELIEVE IN MAGIC

I've been lucky enough to hunt lots of different critters, and I can tell you for a fact that there is nothing to send you instantly into an adrenaline bloat like the appearance of a big whitetail. Elk and Cape buffalo will churn your ductless glands, but they are amateurs compared to Oodocoileus virginianus.
Part of the whitetail's mystique is its ability to materialize out of thin air. If you've hunted them, you know that you can be looking at a perfectly empty field one instant, and in the next instant, there is a deer standing where you were looking. You never see them approach; they just seem to assemble themselves from free-floating molecules in the space of a nanosecond.
It's possible that they learn this from their mothers as fawns: "Pay attention now, children. This is important."
It's possible that they had help from aliens, eons ago, before the aliens went to Egypt to build pyramids.
Who knows? In any event, it's a good part of why they drive so many people nuts, including myself.-D.E.P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

pencilhands posted:

the jungle by upton sinclair

i assumed it would be a boring required in high school type read but it's actually a really fascinating look at the human condition

Don't post in this thread bitch :fuckoff:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

A goon read an entire novel about sociopathic rollercoasters that can shoot laser beams in the goldmine it is good IMO
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3535471