Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Senshi, the most handsome character should obviously be played by a proper heartthrob. I suggest Oscar Isaac.

DekeThornton fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 28, 2024

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

this cour 1 & 2 stuff confuses me. Was this running every week until ep. 24 or is it 13 today and then break?

iirc there's no break

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i assume 2nd cours will have new OP/ED

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i assume 2nd cours will have new OP/ED

We'll find out in an hour or two, then.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

DekeThornton posted:

Senshi, the most handsome character should obviously be played by a proper heartrob. I suggest Oscar Isaac.

Well, they would save money on the Hair and Makeup team not having to boost anyone else's beard to those standards. I think Oscar is about the only name in Hollywood whose beard actually meets those standards.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Charlie as Laios
Dennis as Chilchuck
The Waitress as Falin…

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Alan Smithee posted:

this cour 1 & 2 stuff confuses me. Was this running every week until ep. 24 or is it 13 today and then break?

Episode 13 is live on Netflix now

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DekeThornton posted:

Senshi, the most handsome character should obviously be played by a proper heartrob. I suggest Oscar Isaac.

I'd also accept Taika Waititi, who manages to be a heartthrob even in a fake beard and wig in Our Flag Means Death

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So turns out that maybe using magically infused dragon meat to resurrect your sister miiiiight have been a bad idea. The Mad Mage's blood magic transforming Falin in this episode and some posters for the second cour this might be a kinda sorta huge problem.

I love the look of these Orcs. Leed is voiced by Erica Mendez

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 28, 2024

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
taika is also bad at understated

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They announced the 2nd course
Hot drat its coming out in april!
We wont have to wait long at all

https://twitter.com/dun_meshi_en/status/1773351610044792879?t=VajFaSrqa890_QTDaRNyEQ&s=19

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

does the trailer have ep 13 spoilers

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Alan Smithee posted:

yes

slightly weird announcement. is e13 the first ep of cour 2 or last ep of cour 1? if the former, cour 2 started today. If the latter, is cour 2 only 11 episodes?

i mean I dunno if it matters where you draw the line, I'm just wondering if it's possible we somehow get 26 episodes total (13+13)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Alan Smithee posted:

Little bit, yeah

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
It has post-episode 13 spoilers as well

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

Hihohe posted:

Oh rad! I enjoyed the first half of the story, but everything after today's episode is where it really took off IMO.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ooh, i love Sumika

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Maybe a 13 episode cour for 26 total and there will be a couple weeks break before Cour 2 begins mid April?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Hihohe posted:

the end text says '2nd season starting april' and 'every thursday, two cours continuous broadcast' so i think it might just launch straight into the 2nd cour on 4/4 with no actual break/wait?

edit: checked the website, and yeah, ep 14 next week, no break:

https://delicious-in-dungeon.com/news.html#news-240328-9

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 28, 2024

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Way back at the start they announced the disc release as 4 boxes with 6 episodes each, so if they're calling #13 the end of first cour then the second is #14-24.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Ill be honest, i dont know what a cour is and i thought they meant to say course because they were making a food joke

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Hihohe posted:

Ill be honest, i dont know what a cour is and i thought they meant to say course because they were making a food joke

It's like a "season" of a tv show, usually 11-13 episodes

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
It's sorta disinct from the American concept of TV seasons in that a show can be multiple cours but a sing continous production but yeah

Especially since the recent trend of longer anime being broken up into multiple seasons often have said seasons be multiple cour themselves

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

As I understand it Cour is a production/broadcast thing for delineating batches of episodes for broadcast on TV that got picked up by the fan community around the time shows started doing 12-13 episode seasons that only occupied one broadcast block more, rather than half-year or full-year runs

This is also why it’s a little inconsistent on whether a cour is 12 or 13 episodes, because it depends on which block of the year it was scheduled for

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Saying "coming in April!" is pretty funny in a trailer posted on March 28th :allears:

God there's so much good stuff coming up in the second cour, I cannot wait for everyone to meet (trailer spoilers) the cat.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
I'm just happy the anime got this series more attention. It was too good to be a one and done thing.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hihohe posted:

A cour is just a season specifically partitioned for a 3 month block

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Ah yes, we have arrive at girlie having a normal one scene in episode 13.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This episode was a bit of a downer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

at least they're not on the clock this time? They can go back and chill for a while and if this show had them bartering in shops with everything from rare magic items to the mundane butter knives hoarded from the lower level manor it'd have everything I need

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Todays chapters

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Looking at credits is a mistake, Mad Mage is a way more intimidating antagonist name than freaking Thistle. Can’t help but wonder if the moniker is a reference to the Wizardry games, I’ve never played them but still know about the first one being about defeating the Mad Wizard Andrew.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The crunch when Laios gets hit in the chest. My guy I think your sternum/ribs are cracked

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.

Last Celebration posted:

Looking at credits is a mistake, Mad Mage is a way more intimidating antagonist name than freaking Thistle. Can’t help but wonder if the moniker is a reference to the Wizardry games, I’ve never played them but still know about the first one being about defeating the Mad Wizard Andrew.

Yep! Ryoko Kui is a big fantasy/rpg game fan but was influenced by Wizardry when making Dungeon Meshi more than any other fantasy property.

Also, no spoilers, but the 2nd cour PV makes it clear that they aren't finishing up the series in 24 eps. Which is great because it needs, at minimum, three cours to adapt the entire manga without rushing. Four cours would be ideal.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

now be nice, if an Elf is gonna be named after a flower, it might as well be the spiniest most "gently caress off" flower. It's the national emblem of Scotland! Guy even kinda matches the traditional thistle color palette

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Looking at credits is a mistake, Mad Mage is a way more intimidating antagonist name than freaking Thistle.

Sometimes fantasy/sci-fi names will just not work for every viewer due to their cultural background. That's just what you gotta deal with to enjoy the genres sometimes.
Like, how I'm watching/reading Dune while knowing that Herbert picked up the very unintimidating name Härkönen for his antagonists from a phone book.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Suleman posted:

Sometimes fantasy/sci-fi names will just not work for every viewer due to their cultural background. That's just what you gotta deal with to enjoy the genres sometimes.
Like, how I'm watching/reading Dune while knowing that Herbert picked up the very unintimidating name Härkönen for his antagonists from a phone book.

Is that like the equivalent in English of, like, "Jones" or something?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

See also: Kaka and Kiki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Duncan Donuts Idaho Potato man, the greatest warrior of the Atreides