Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Laois and Senshi should start a dungeon food podcast called ‘The Dungeon Donuts’. Marcille is their long suffering producer. Laois gets upset when the guest says that vanilla isn’t a flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Marsupial Ape posted:

Laois and Senshi should start a dungeon food podcast called ‘The Dungeon Donuts’. Marcille is their long suffering producer. Laois gets upset when the guest says that vanilla isn’t a flavor.

Someone saying vanilla isn't a flavor would make me punch them so I get where Laios is coming from.

Amumin
Dec 21, 2018

Clarste posted:

Most venoms are meant to go directly into your bloodstream and can't survive your digestive system, it's probably fine.

Didn't Laios say basically that in the first episode about the giant scorpion before trying to eat the tail?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Amumin posted:

Didn't Laios say basically that in the first episode about the giant scorpion before trying to eat the tail?

So long as you dint have any open sores you'll be fine.

Radscorpion Casseroles ftw.

DNA Cowboys
Feb 22, 2012

BOYS I KNOW

Arc Hammer posted:

They should make a petrifued Marcille pickling weight

Could I interest you in a Marcille noodle stopper?

Wikipedia posted:

A noodle stopper is a type of figurine based on manga, anime, or even video game characters which is ostensibly meant to secure by gravity the lid for ramen containers such that they do not boil over. Due to their ornate designs, they are often displayed as ordinary figurines

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

i think its more to keep the lid on cup noodles closed while waiting for them to cook.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

DNA Cowboys posted:

Oh bless me that is super duper cute. Tempted, even though I never have instant ramen in the cup and would thus have no place for her to sit!!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Yeah, that's an incredibly adorable figurine. I'd probably make a diorama for her to sit in, with a stump and some paper flowers.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Synthbuttrange posted:

i think its more to keep the lid on cup noodles closed while waiting for them to cook.

You literally said the same thing as the Wikipedia page said.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They dont boil though, that seemed to imply something on the stove.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DNA Cowboys posted:

I have that thing! It's adorable, I also have the Laios one:

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/delicious-in-dungeon-noodle-stopper-figure-laios-12264

Kind of hoping I can have the whole cast sitting on my shelf someday

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Synthbuttrange posted:

They dont boil though, that seemed to imply something on the stove.

Yeah that description reads like it was written by someone who has no idea what it is, and was tasked to write something about it, did a quick Google search, saw the other type of "noodle stopper" used for spaghetti or whatever, copy/pasted what they found and made the rest up because they clearly have never had instant ramen before either, and called it a day.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Well, yeah, you can't have somebody who has actually consumed instant ramen just explain it because that'd be "original research."

Ah, wikipedia...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Tade

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
They turned Falin into a chicken

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
Izutsumi (Asebi) spotted

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wrong choice chil

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ninjewtsu posted:

i'm not entirely sure what laios wouldn't eat.
probably not dirt

Well...

Funny episode. Lol that Shuro is actually Toshiro but Laios got his name wrong and nobody ever corrected him.

Teleportation magic exists in this story so did Shuro teleport back to the Eastern Lands to recruit his family retainers? It can't have been more than a few weeks at most that Laios and crew have been down in the dungeon, sailing would take a long time to get home and back. Is there a teleporting mage service for people who can afford it and everyone else has to get to the island by boat?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Kabru mentioned in a previous episode that Shuro came on a boat with his full entourage, so it seems they were probably just hanging out in town while he went into the dungeon for his training journey. Like, having your retainers fight for you would have defeated the purpose of the training or something? Or he just fell in love with Falin and told them to stay behind so he could join her party.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Clarste posted:

Kabru mentioned in a previous episode that Shuro came on a boat with his full entourage, so it seems they were probably just hanging out in town while he went into the dungeon for his training journey. Like, having your retainers fight for you would have defeated the purpose of the training or something.

Lol that's funnier. He can't even go on his first trip away from home without them pampering him the whole way.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Another thursday another 2 chapters!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Holy poo poo Laios

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Liaos is such a good guy. I really like this secondary cast. Can't wait for Kabru to try and murder the original party for heresy or whatever.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Popo posted:

Liaos is such a good guy. I really like this secondary cast. Can't wait for Kabru to try and murder the original party for heresy or whatever.

I love him trying to keep calm despite it all

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
See, to me, that just looks like Kabru being a drama-monger. He's the kind of high school mean girl who gets excited upon learning something really damning about a peer

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Chilchuck got his "who has a bigger chance of being offensive" math very wrong, Senshi was charming and lovable while Laios almost got his rear end kicked.

Chilchuck forgot that Senshi's charisma score is 20 and while Laios has a score of -7.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In his defense, Laios + Shuro are theoretically a known factor, they have been in a party for a while and are friends. Senshi and weird new lady present more unknowns and risks.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 19, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like how Maizuru misidentified the gnome as a dwarf.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Laios has the illusion of charisma. He looks like a good, interesting guy, and then you start talking to him, and that illusion rapidly falls away.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The_Doctor posted:

Laios has the illusion of charisma. He looks like a good, interesting guy, and then you start talking to him, and that illusion rapidly falls away.

Laois is a good guy, and he's also absolutely "interesting". It's just that in addition to those things he's very hungry, and wants to tell you all about his hungers in the most excited way possible and can't notice when him talking to you is making you want to die.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

See, to me, that just looks like Kabru being a drama-monger. He's the kind of high school mean girl who gets excited upon learning something really damning about a peer

He's absolutely a drama monger, but there's absolutely like a 90% chance he'll immediately sell everyone out the second they get back to the surface. Dudes a straight up psycho.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
In Chil's defense, it would've been fine if Laios hadn't blabbed about Marcille using forbidden magic. And on that regard, it wouldn't have mattered even if Chil was there.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

duz posted:

Kabru's a bitch who loves drama

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

AW MAN they changed this scene and didnt include it at all. :(

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They turned Falin into a chicken

Hey, manga readers, do we tell them about the ‘niece quiche’?

As far my mythological commentary niece quiche is a lie, I made that up, but you know Laois would do it! Also, if don’t read this and yell at me that just proves you guys don’t read my commentaries. Not that I will stop, I just need this spoiler block to be largish to sell the joke.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

duz posted:

I don't like his cooking

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

real 'we're going to have to kill this guy' moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~