Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

amigolupus posted:

"You don't bother to contribute to the discussion at hand, and keep posting reaction tweets from chuds as if we want to see it. Posters who keep making GBS threads up the DnD subforum keeps growing, and good posters in this thread will leave if this continues. That's why...I have to permaban posters like you."

I want to see Kabru as a SA mod if only because it'll likely end in a dozen meltdowns, two offshoot sites, and him eating a 100k probe so he can watch but not interact with his posting enemies

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Apr 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I'll be watching Senshi's cooking youtube channel.

Laois is a twitch streamer you don't watch but you see clips of everywhere of him saying the most unhinged silly poo poo.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Marceille's latest video upload: 'Regarding the black magic allegations (an apology)'

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Synthbuttrange posted:

Marceille's latest video upload: 'Regarding the black magic allegations (an apology)'

Marcille didn't seem to think she did anything wrong, and hell, I agree

If it wasn't for Thistle hijacking Falin's mind and making a mess of things by mutating her, no harm would have come of what she did

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Falin was a Pet Island Mod, but somehow also got killed in Bengazi

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Mr. Lobe posted:

If it wasn't for Thistle hijacking Falin's mind and making a mess of things by mutating her, no harm would have come of what she did

If you’re going to deploy nefarious code like that, you have to make sure you don’t leave a back door for another black hat to exploit.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Who would be the best dungeon master: Stan, Francine, Steve, Hayley, Roger, Klaus, or Jeff?

Who would be the worst?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

don Jaime posted:

I'm curious why Kuro and Mickbell have so many side comics. We're not even really supposed to like Mickbell. I think. I like Kuro.

Aw, I like Mickbell. He's just a little guy who wants a good life for him and his best friend Kuro. Also, it never comes up in the main story, but the reason Kuro and Mickbell became friends is because Mickbell saved Kuro from a slave trader.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Fister Roboto posted:

Now Tade I can get into.

https://twitter.com/KabanBang/status/1782553111514747338?t=fr9549Eqb2XuqdS6NR59bA&s=19

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

oh my god

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Who would be the best dungeon master: Stan, Francine, Steve, Hayley, Roger, Klaus, or Jeff?

Who would be the worst?

After a month in Bullock’s labyrinth, Stan went gay for one of the creatures, so he would fit right in.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Steve has been shown GMing for Snot, Toshi, and Barry before so I assume he must be good at it. There was an entire episode where he ruined baseball with his GMing skills. Which also features an imaginary baseball TRPG where there are no rules for stealing bases.

I think Francine would be fun to play with but a terrible GM. Hayley and Jeff would be too high to get the rules, Klaus would be too needy and Roger would get his personas confused.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Need the laissez-faire attitude of Hayley as the master. Everything will fall into its place.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

don Jaime posted:

I'm curious why Kuro and Mickbell have so many side comics. We're not even really supposed to like Mickbell. I think. I like Kuro.

You can like Mickbell all you want, it’s not like it’s not allowed. and they’ve got a dynamic thats good for telling jokes

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
The jokes are great, I’m just always thrown that Mickbell does not seem liked by his group because he is an rear end in a top hat to everyone, including Kuro, but is also so emotionally fragile that if anything happened to Kuro, it would kill him, so they all just kind of shrug.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
So some of the anime onlys in this thread may have heard the title "Daydream Hour" thrown about and wondering what it is; basically every so often Harta (the magazine that serialized the manga) included a bonus called "Daydream Hour", which was basically a mini artbook of stuff from Kui. The first one came out in the same issue as chapter 27 (late into the Red Dragon fight) but didn't have any Dungeon Meshi stuff in it. Now the 2nd one came out with chapter 31 (the Dryad chapter, which was released before the Sea Serpent two-parter in the magazine but moved a little forward in the volumes and anime) and has both non-DM and DM stuff, though most of it was concept art and practice art, with only one actual comic in it. I'm not gonna post everything, but I figured I'd post the comic in it and some other highlights.

Like I brought up in an earlier post, the subsequent Daydream Hours came out at a point that the anime isn't gonna reach unless it gets a second season. The stuff would be collected in a book that came out in japan at the start of the year, but I don't think that has an english release announced.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

<Senshi lays out his clever grill>

Doc, I wanted you to know I saw and appreciate this

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like how most of the gnomes look kind of sleepy

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

My favorite Kobold is John Carpenter

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phy posted:

Doc, I wanted you to know I saw and appreciate this

:glomp:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

My favorite Kobold is John Carpenter

...you know, when I woke up this morning, I was not expecting to see a John Carpenter fursona.

Life's full of surprises, huh.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

...you know, when I woke up this morning, I was not expecting to see a John Carpenter fursona.

Life's full of surprises, huh.

This is an actual character in an anime.
https://bogleech.com/halloween/hall19-john

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Haystack posted:

Falin was a Pet Island Mod, but somehow also got killed in Bengazi

you're thinking of Karo who wound up in a dungeon but got his treasure back

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Suleman posted:

This is an actual character in an anime.
https://bogleech.com/halloween/hall19-john

Somehow, despite already being dimly aware of Space Family Carlvinson, I managed to not find out that one of the recurring side characters is Actual John Carpenter, who is a horrible Thing style flesh abomination shapeshifted into the default form of a Garfield-rear end talking dog

Holy poo poo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

and he has a rivalry with dog John Landis which already makes the manga inaccurate because the child survived the crash

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

They're all high 24/7.

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019
IDK if anyone's posted it already but theres a guy on youtube by the name of Swamp Jawn who posts interesting breakdowns on each week's Dungeon Meshi episode: LINK

Most of it is a bit of art critique on the animation featured in that episode, looking into which crew worked on which scenes, and also comparing the episode to the relevant chapter of the manga and seeing what changes are being made in adaptation without going into any spoilers I've noticed. It's a pretty interesting watch!

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
I would keep in mind that Swamp Jawn sometimes calls more attention to foreshadowing than the story itself does. We're thankfully past the first big one (Marcille using ancient magic to revive Falin) but there are still one or two things that haven't been explicitly commented on in the story yet. As far as I can recall they haven't outright said what the hints actually mean, so it's "you can see X in the background" and not "X is a hint about Y". Outside of the episode breakdowns, they have another Dungeon Meshi video from before the first episode's release, hyping up the story while showing characters and panels from much later than where we're at now, including one storyline reveal - even the thumbnail is from very close to the end. But that one's not in the breakdown playlist so as long as you stick to that it should be fine.

I've definitely been having fun watching them break down the animation though, and some scenes have a lot going on frame-by-frame that's easy to miss when watching! The latest analysis has a lot of focus on that close-up of Laios emerging from the mushy brick wall and it is both very gross and very informative.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 24, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hihohe posted:

Kobolds have resistance to venom

Hey, it happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNgk76VpyIM

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mr. Lobe posted:

:same:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

question

so when Maizuru goes "so forward!" when Laois gets buddy buddy with Shuro is there a language nuance in the Japanese or just because he's being him

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

It's probably because Toshiro's actually nobility and Laios is just some random white guy peasant who's mispronouncing his name and acting all buddy-buddy with him.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Mr. Lobe posted:

he didnt hijack her mind, he was just speaking to all that dragon meat occupying her... space

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!
If you asked Laios what decorum was he'd probably think you meant something like cake decorations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Just lol though that the prodigal son of the feudal lord is down bad for some white girl who doesn't know he exists and is probably a lesbian and/or asexual.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Incompatibilities happen all the time even when one or both or more parties are interested. Unlucky we go again, I suppose.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I mean, Fallin can just as easily be a bisexual. :v:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I love this one
it makes this pic in the current credits even cuter. Hes getting a piggyback ride from his dad :unsmith:

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 24, 2024

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Hihohe posted:

I love this one
it makes this pic in the current credits even cuter. Hes getting a piggyback ride from his dad :unsmith:

I'm afraid he's not carrying Kaka, he's just an old man struggling to climb the stairs while Kaka is walking behind him.

Both of the twins are carrying two bags, which makes it slightly more difficult to see what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Suleman posted:

I'm afraid he's not carrying Kaka, he's just an old man struggling to climb the stairs while Kaka is walking behind him.

Both of the twins are carrying two bags, which makes it slightly more difficult to see what's going on.

Lol that makes more sense. I thought he was carrying the pack and him and that kakas arms were kind of his legs below the knee going down, like he was straddling what i saw as the back pack.