Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Suleman posted:

I'm afraid he's not carrying Kaka, he's just an old man struggling to climb the stairs while Kaka is walking behind him.

Both of the twins are carrying two bags, which makes it slightly more difficult to see what's going on.

Kaka's legs are not on the stairs, they're wrapped around the backpack. He's definitely getting a piggy-back ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
He's taking a big old gnome poo poo on the stairs and Kaka is going "oh my crazy dad"

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Begemot posted:

Kaka's legs are not on the stairs, they're wrapped around the backpack. He's definitely getting a piggy-back ride.
That's not a backpack on gnome dad, it's a frontpack on Kaka, like the one Kiki is wearing, and those are his arms around it.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Suleman posted:

Both of the twins are carrying two bags, which makes it slightly more difficult to see what's going on.

No that's Namari holding her, and there's only one bag!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kiki has some really long boots

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Kiki has some really long boots

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

She's not sweating because of effort

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Mae_TNN/status/1783105963244798298

:smith:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
drat marcille doing him like that

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Now is that how it would have actually happened or is it just what Laios thinks or just what the spirit attacking him is making him think?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

obv fake

chilichuck would never be there for anyone

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
I think falin could convince shuro to help. after all, laios and shuro are such good friends

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, I think Falin and Senshi could make it happen, especially since Marcille would be right behind them once she realizes what Falin has done.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it would not have occured to falin to eat monsters but she would probably have 30 people fall in love with her at the market and 3 would survive the brute force attack on the dragon

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It helps that unlike Laios, who appears to be a fairly average fighter who just happens to have some extremely specific skill ranks, Falin is a wizard who’s even acknowledged in-universe to be extremely powerful for her stature even before getting gassed up on red dragon blood

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
What exactly would you call Falin? Sleepy Eyed Dream Girl? I don’t know a whole lot about anime and manga, but I have seen the type, before.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Apr 25, 2024

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

low blood pressure/blood sugar

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, I think Falin and Senshi could make it happen, especially since Marcille would be right behind them once she realizes what Falin has done.

Senshi? Who's that?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I see that very much as a nightmare given to Laios, not a proper What-If. Remember how oblivious he is, he has no idea how much Shuro or Marcille actually care about Falin. In fact, Marcille would try to talk her out of it but Falin would get Shuro to go back in no prob, probably with his whole entourage. Might have to agree to his proposal? Drama all around, lots of longing. Chuck might come with, depends on if his contract was with Laios specifically or how that works, I'm sure there are provisions.

Dunno if they meet Senshi at all or just pass him in the hallway. My question is, if they DO get to the dragon, is Laios still donezo? Assuming the fight doesn't take too long and use him as fuel. Falin probably can't stand him up down there but maybe she can keep his spirit attached to the bare bones while they cart them up?

anyway that's my fanfic

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

NmareBfly posted:

I see that very much as a nightmare given to Laios, not a proper What-If. Remember how oblivious he is, he has no idea how much Shuro or Marcille actually care about Falin. In fact, Marcille would try to talk her out of it but Falin would get Shuro to go back in no prob, probably with his whole entourage. Might have to agree to his proposal? Drama all around, lots of longing. Chuck might come with, depends on if his contract was with Laios specifically or how that works, I'm sure there are provisions.

Dunno if they meet Senshi at all or just pass him in the hallway. My question is, if they DO get to the dragon, is Laios still donezo? Assuming the fight doesn't take too long and use him as fuel. Falin probably can't stand him up down there but maybe she can keep his spirit attached to the bare bones while they cart them up?

anyway that's my fanfic

I don't see Senshi joining without a kindred spirit in Laios to give him a reason, but Shuro sticks around so it's a wash in pure headcount. Marcille can still reassemble a human skeleton on her own, even if Laios isn't there to assist, but it might be a messier job with a couple warg bones mixed in. That said, the remains don't need to be in perfect condition to perform a resurrection, so having two powerful mages instead of one might be able to make up the difference. Heck, Marcille may not even need to use forbidden magic since Falin is a better healer, I think, and combined they might have the juice to work through any complications.

That said, the real question is if they make it to the end at all, since they're not just traveling with heavier packs but also don't have Senshi and Laios' knowledge to cook up remedies to unexpected problems. Shuro had a worse pace with better funding than Laios and friends, so Team Falin is going to do even worse by comparison, and there may not even be any bones left at that point.

Laios, of course, would be a terrible servant for the mad mage, talk his ears off, and maybe even chew on his newly-grown monster parts.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I'm seeing Laios come back as a human head on a warg body and immediately getting hyped about his amazing good fortune.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Laios being uncontrollable by the mad mage because he tries to use his dragon bits/instinct to sample the dungeon would be a great bit

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

lightrook posted:

Laios, of course, would be a terrible servant for the mad mage, talk his ears off, and maybe even chew on his newly-grown monster parts.

It's an interesting thought. Honestly servant-Laios might be a much greater threat than chimera Falin if he can communicate with the Mage and provide advice for better, much more dangerous monsters. What's one queen next to a set of rooks, bishops, and knights? Though perhaps the mage, despite the madness, has already reached the achievable limits of monster biology within his control.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Marsupial Ape posted:

What exactly would you call Falin? Sleepy Eyed Dream Girl? I don’t know a whole lot about anime and manga, but I have seen the type, before.

space cadet?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Falin needs glasses

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dental plan.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

if we don't use dark magic to revive falin.... then I'll have to pay the resurrection fee!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*pulling out her bones of the dragon*

Its just a little digested! Its still good, its still good!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So I guess Harpy meat is not back on the menu

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Episode 17 spoilers

Falin: You missed my vital organs!

Kabru: ALL OF THEM!?

-5 seconds later-

Kabru, about to be crushed by a giant chimaera foot: Crapbaskets

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Pureauthor posted:

Episode 17 spoilers

-5 seconds later-

Falin is now, quite literally, Built Different™️

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Pureauthor posted:

Episode 17 spoilers

-5 seconds later-

Laios: Kabru, no!
Kabru: KABRU, YES!

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Goddrat the animation on both fight scenes was so slick. And the voice-acting for the latter one, too :smith:

Poor Chilchuck going through all stages of grief in three seconds at the start of the ep, meanwhile Senshi spends the whole episode minding his business. Love those two

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Falin makes attractive faces when she murders people

Great episode. The animation really did a good job heightening like the emotional tension to this. I tear up a bit in some parts.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MiracleFlare posted:

meanwhile Senshi spends the whole episode minding his business.

Senshi spent 3/4 of the episode patiently standing off to the side holding a plate of food waiting for all the fights and injuries and deaths to come to an end so he could finally hand it to Shuro, lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What an emotional roller coaster this episode is.

God drat

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Opening is so inappropriate for this episode lol

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I can't believe they did the Gainax Bounce for that!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I beleive Marcille speaks for all of us when she said "Whoa! Hey now!"