Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Yeah I suspect the lovely round behinds comment was a bit more revealing, but Laios being Laios that comic reads MOSTLY as him engaging with the question with academic honesty and getting burned for it :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Kabru would be the protagonist in a lot of other stories, but he ain't in this one, and it's very very funny.

Luv me Kabru, simple as.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

The Senshussy got them animators acting unwise…

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Kabru gets people pretty well. He knows Laios will never ask his name.

He may know it, but he still reflexively is pained by the lack of it.

Because he’s a weird little hyper social gremlin.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Rand Brittain posted:

I am assured that his ultimate and only goal is to kiss Laios on the mouth.

Buddy, they don’t even let…

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Chilchuck being least favorite? Trash taste imo. :colbert:

Chilchuck is all of us. He is incredibly tired and doing his best and this is all so very stupid.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

that would require self awareness

im honestly surprised no one has read falin as ace and everyone is barking up the wrong tree

Shipping tends to make people overlook more obvious reads. But yeah it’s a very real possibility.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I’m glad that by the end of it Laios and Shuro seem to have kind of made peace with each other :unsmith:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

Shuro: And that is why I have decided... to ask you to marry me.
Falin, looking past Shuro at a cool leaf on the ground: uh huh can i get back to you on that
Shuro: Of course. Take all the time you need.
Falin, picturing the leaf on her pressed leaf collection: ok

Implying Falin would ever normally open her eyes and allow a viewer to discern what she’s looking at. Highly unrealistic smh.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

It is absolutely a less sexual work than the anime baseline, lets not get Star Wars prequels revisionist here.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

moist banana bread posted:

homies I need to tell someone this thing is the only anime I've vibed for since I was a wee sprout.

It's wholesome and hosed up and weird an raunchy without being creepy and don't you dare spoil whatever tragedy has Senshi suddenly dropping the presumably rest of his life to just kick it with a new found family because my boyfriend has read ahead and assures me he will get to be a whole rear end character and not just a mystery man.

:yeah:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Suleman posted:

Similarly, she has said, more or less, that Senshi likely has much more body hair than is shown, but she's not gonna keep drawing all that.

Yeah that shows up in some of her daydream hour artwork. She draws Senshi with much more detailed forearm bodyhair and so on in those pieces, since it's a one off.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Marcille being traumatized as a child by her pet bird also ties into Falin currently having feathers and wings after Marcille tried to bring her back to life.

Not quite.

The feathers are a consequence of the Mad Mage jury rigging her back into what he considered suitable. Marcille had nothing to do with that. That ain’t even a spoiler that’s something we’ve already seen.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

tbf she's also effective in combat and probably a better rogue than chilichuck when she sets her mind to it

In fairness, Chilchuck isn’t a rogue. He’s a locksmith. We have no indication Izutsumi knows poo poo about locks or traps, just stab and sneak.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I always wondered what a boxing anime where they cannibalized the other boxer would be like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Kensuke should be translated as Stabitha