Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sade posted:

-Speaking of Chilchuck, love the implication during the dinner scene that he might be a bit of a drunk

The last time I heard an animu yell "WINE" with such enthusiasm was Rene Auberjonois' skeleton in The Last Unicorn

I would have named this thread Netflix and Chilchuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wonder if the Ramiel vibes I was picking up off the undine (blue geometric object, kind of a jerk, high-pitched scream before it shoots you) were intended or just coincidence

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Grenade-hopping Laios' face was the stuff of nightmares

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lt. Lizard posted:

Marcille is not a monster

Chilchuck glaring at one of her "ancient" magic circles, all like "are you 100% sure about that"

Hihohe posted:

The party getting hay fever and becoming allergy zombies of snot and tears was hilarious but fricken gross

Having a morning like this as we speak

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

<Senshi lays out his clever grill>

Doc, I wanted you to know I saw and appreciate this

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

AlternateNu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDNLoghryLA

My cousin put it pretty well. Japanese Laios is a little too generic. Damien Haas is great at making him sound as unhinged as he really does to the rest of the cast.

What actually got me to switch over to the English dub was the dinner before they fought the red dragon, when Laios was thanking everyone for getting them all there. He just sounded so heartfelt.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SexyBlindfold posted:

Shuro: And that is why I have decided... to ask you to marry me.
Falin, looking past Shuro at a cool leaf on the ground: uh huh can i get back to you on that
Shuro: Of course. Take all the time you need.
Falin, picturing the leaf on her pressed leaf collection: ok

Shuro: We look like such a cute couple here!
Falin: A couple of besties! Haha

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

senshi's sweet hams

"Well, yeah, I know a quiet corner on the third level where a light breeze is always blowin'. Perfect for air-curin' the meat from Dire Boars. It was kinda out of our way or I'd have treated ya to Prosciutto Di Prigione"

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Oblivious posted:

I always wondered what a boxing anime where they cannibalized the other boxer would be like

Takamura did eat that fuckin bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

chiasaur11 posted:

If we're talking about novels and bears, I always remember a description I read. "Bear that has lived too much on other animals is not very nice, but bear that has had plenty of honey and fruit is excellent, and this turned out to be that sort of bear."

So if that's true, then bears aren't even an exception. Just a variant on the rule.

Prince Caspian? The only thing I remember about bear meat is that it's supposed to be pretty greasy and I know that's where I got that from