Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah he still has to match timing so he doesn't go over his scenes but not having to match lip flaps is so much easier.

If netflix isnt willing to pay to reanimate the flaps then the director should tell the actors to just act as they wish and not worry about the drat flaps so much. Its the single reason left why dubs are bad compared to subs. Every other problem has been worked through but this persists, and its an expensive problem to fix. We the audience should just go back to enjoying dubs that have 60's godzilla mouth flaps!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Arc Hammer posted:

Is Netflix actually the one shelling out for production costs or just the streaming rights.

If not netflix then whoever is in charge of the dub.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

There's also the fact that it's easier on a technical level to put multiple audio tracks over a single video track rather than having a different video track for every single audio language

And animators in the industry have it bad enough, don't make them do the extra work of making a different version of the episode for the like 10 languages it's being dubbed in

My point was more we should lower our standards and accept poor flap matching. Its the only way we are going to get good performances out of VAs that arent stilted and wierd because they are matching the mouth motions of a language that has a different structure from english and will be pausing for emphasis and shouting for effect and different points in a sentence.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Asterite34 posted:

I feel like Laios might have subtly crossed a line eating the eggs of a sapient tool-using species. That was a little hosed up, dude just ate a baby.

If they’re unfertilized is it really any different from salmon roe

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They could have at least tied a rope around him

He got a loud clap in the ear. I’m guessing the sailor half feet that die jump off a boat and just can’t be rescued at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

don Jaime posted:

I'm curious why Kuro and Mickbell have so many side comics. We're not even really supposed to like Mickbell. I think. I like Kuro.

You can like Mickbell all you want, it’s not like it’s not allowed. and they’ve got a dynamic thats good for telling jokes