Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Just started watching the first episode. There have been some laugh out loud moments already, looking forward to watching more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Working through episode 4 now, but I definitely like Senshi the most. Besides already being partial toward Dwarves, I just like how matter-of-fact and appreciative he is of monsters and their nutritional value. Also, the anime is really charming in that they spend time to appreciate each other in the party.

e: also I find it really interesting how Liaos and Senshi are two sides of the same coin. Liaos appreciates monsters as a pseudo-biologist whereas Senshi appreciates monsters for how they can be cultivated.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 10, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh my god baby orcs are so goddamn cute how is this even possible??

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How on earth do you manage (episode 5 spoilers) to turn ghosts into ice cream? That's some inspired food design.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh my loving god I'm dying at (ep 7) at Laios pushing magically enhanced Senshi onto the water and him sinking in like nbd

e: oh my god I'm crying. It's basically . The more I keep replaying it, the more I keep losing my poo poo. :lmao:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 10, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm already all caught up with the anime so far but I’m still craving more Dungeon Meshi. Is it okay if I just go ahead and read the manga now? The manga is already complete, right?

I have a distinct feeling that there is something even more powerful than the red dragon wandering around pushing it out of its normal habitat and behavioral routine, given how the characters have explained the dungeon ecosystem and how it works so far. Also, after the gnome guy’s chat with the Lord of the Island I think the identity of the supposed mad wizard is suspect as well.

E: I love world-building like in Dungeon Meshi or Lost in Abyss where there's a big sense of mystery and exploration in forbidden and unknown places. Are there any works of manga/ anime that explore similar concepts?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
So will the Dungeon Meshi anime be released every Friday continuously until the end? Or will it be released in seasons like Attack on Titan or something?

I'm reading through the manga version now and, while there's something be said about the minimalist panels, I kind of enjoy the fully fleshed-out environments of the anime more in some cases.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Yeah, having watched the anime first then read the corresponding chapters, it's interesting to see which details were left out or changed such as the kraken parasite actually being sperm Laios mistakenly jerks out of a tentacle lol.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Oh. I was kind of skimming through the parts already covered so far by the anime so I conflated the two parts. My bad. Still funny, though! :v:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Making my way through the manga (afraid to peek into the manga thread in case there are unmarked spoilers :ohdear:) and I just love how Laios cannot read a room to save his life. :lol:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Reading up to the point where the pink orc girl from the OP becomes relevant. She's a cutie and I'm glad that plus-size girls get representation in this manga. :hai:

e: Also, this whole corpse retrieval economy being a thing gives me serious Everquest 1 vibes, drat.

e2:

Senshi fell into a strange mood!

e3: Oh my god, Ryoko Kui is really good at comedic timing. I thought I'd need the anime to amplify the jokes, but no! The jokes still land really well in the manga.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 12, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

DrSunshine posted:

Are you loving kidding me.

*googles*

:gonk:

*looks up via Google Images*

Oh god.

*looks up via Youtube*

Oh god. :barf:

e: Apparently the rest of the deer meat is fine, just don't eat the liver.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Mar 18, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Yeah, having both read the manga and watched the anime: They should've left in or paid more attention to the hair undressing part of the incantation, plus the whole Chilchuck freak-out about the dragon parts being wasted going unexplained was a bit weird. Also, I think the whole "Falin walking in smiling to greet the others after chatting with her brother" scene hit a lot harder in the manga and they should have left it as a freeze frame or something in the anime instead of immediately cutting away from it.

Apart from those minor quirks, the episode as a whole was still very enjoyable and good.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Arc Hammer posted:

Chuder Empire.

Gonna repeat myself but I think the Twitter crowd really oversold these episodes being where the story takes a turn into the dark and twisted. It's creepy and ghoulish but still in line with whar has come before. It's not exactly a tonal sledgehammer like when Trigun shifted gears.

And I don't think it's a bad thing, either. It feels consistent with itself and it's striking a fine balance between its darkly comedic moments without diminishing the dramatic parts. It's fun.

Can you explain this part to me as someone who's never watched Trigun?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Man, this new OP is so delightful. :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Alan Smithee posted:

but then Laios wouldn't be Laois

Hey Laois do you remember the time I got turned into stone?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This reminds me of the little cartoon music videos for the retro Final Fantasy games from years back. :3:

e: Yeah, for the longest time I thought Thistle was a girl too.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 20, 2024

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I like how most of the gnomes look kind of sleepy

:same:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

RubberLuffy posted:

becoming WHOA HEY-pilled

:same:

I’ve mainly been watching the Japanese sub version, but the delivery on that line in the dub is impeccable. :discourse::allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

The_Doctor posted:

Anime companies are always divvying out work to others. That one street in Tokyo with all the production houses on it has runners constantly in and out of each others’ offices getting episodes ready for broadcast.

What one street in Tokyo? I'll have to visit there next time I head to Japan.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Hihohe posted:

Poor Falin
dogs too big and rough, i know how that goes, (i got a scar)

Are these Daydream Hour books physical or digital? I’d love to order one from an online store if possible. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm finally getting around the watching the latest episode and noticed that the party is wearing slippers made from the stairwell toads from a ways back. Was this detail also included in the manga? Regardless, that's a pretty neat detail! Is it to keep them from slipping on the snow and ice?