Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

SlowBloke posted:

Q: is this going to evolve from the "guy is super into weird poo poo, girl isn't" joke? I'm giving the series the usual three eps but I am not convinced from this first ep.

nah thats it the whole way through, laios is a weirdo throughout the series. nothing else is developed or explained, its just that for 14 volumes, 97 chapters, 40 to 50 episodes. you better stop watching now to save yourself the disappointment.

Donkringel posted:

Watched the first episode with my wife, who isn't too big on anime.

She found it enjoyable, although I think me actively gushing about the episode made it more entertaining for her.

Glad to see Emily Rudd back and SungWon is always a pleasure.

this is going to be a good "anime series for people who dislike common anime tropes". i recommended this to my friends, when marcille got grabbed by the plant, and i immediately got worried. but fortuntately it didn't go into fan-service territory, and for that, trigger, i salute you.

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Pretty sure that's the translation they go with in the official manga releases.

just because its official, doesn't mean its right
:goonsay:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Peewi posted:

I'm pretty sure he says "rear end" and the subtitles are just wrong. "Tastes like rear end" is a thing people say. "Tastes like gas" isn't.

I haven't watched the whole thing with the dub subtitles on, but just a few seconds earlier the subtitles say "Gives you the run or something fierce", when he clearly says "Gives you the runs something fierce".

awesome work netflix

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

why is everyone talking about the hit 2016 anime lip flappers in the dungeon meshi thread ???

because flip flappers was GOOD :colbert:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

January 2024, a season of two very different elves

if we're (I'm) lucky, we'll have a 3rd elf in the pipeline. year of the elf, baby!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Cut baby orc.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

"It's like fortnite"

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

it goes bad homie do not let your kid watch this

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Kwyndig posted:

Yes, Laios suffered a violent death at the hands of animated armor last episode.

in a trailer for the show, you see a shot of another character getting their brains blown out by an undine it's going to be pretty fuckin violent

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Got around to watching this episode, and Trigger really was the perfect choice of studio for this weren't they? Not dawning on me from this episode specifically, but it feels right.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

it's so obvious that ghosts would just pass through glass so just swing the loving jar around instead what a galaxy brain idea

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Feb 3, 2024

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

sounds like someone didnt watch the anime

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

someone post the comic she did about waiting for gnome fortress* to be translated to elvish*

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

don't they talk about potentially eating a goblin to marcille? that's pretty hosed up. laios would definitely eat an orc if given the chance.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

man watching this after having not read the manga in so long, laios really is a freak

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

yknow there's a frog kid on the lower levels of the dungeon

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

so wait, how old is marcille again? young enough to have been falin's classmate in school?

young enough for an elf. i think she's in her 40's or 50's?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

senshi has the body of someone who loves bread.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

having my skin crawl because an airheaded anime girl is talking.
y'all just haters and would never survive the dungeon :colbert:

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

people have to learn at some point that anime doesn't automatically equal kid friendly, especially when episode one opens with a person being eaten by a dragon. maybe they'll learn when watching namari getting her brains blown out by the undine

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Phy posted:

Wonder if the Ramiel vibes I was picking up off the undine (blue geometric object, kind of a jerk, high-pitched scream before it shoots you) were intended or just coincidence

trigger has former gainax staff plus its also iconic so maybe both

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

fuckin grim work doing all that. they take it in complete stride

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

don't, he might try to gently caress you

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Is it safe to eat dragon? The meat of apex predators is supposed to be full of heavy metals, ala mercury and tuna fish. Everything in the food chain gets concentrated in the biomass of the predators. Apparently, the T-Rex would have been full of cadmium. Dragons have to be loaded with magic lead or whatever, especially with all the adventurer gear that passes through their digestive systems. Imagine the diarrhea from all those mixed up potions.

no but its cool and rule of cool > all

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

dungeon meshi crazy good

e: dungeon meshi is so loving good dude

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 22, 2024

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

no, we don't know if he's in the dungeon still. we've only seen him mentioned in that flashback.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

I carnot believe this

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

looks like it's not available outside of Japan. sad!

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

he's named thistle because he's a little prick

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

also fun fact the "correct" official name for him is supposed to be sissel but sometimes the official names are worse

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

there's no guts/gattsu level of messed up here so I'm malleable between laios/laius farlyn/falin

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Chuder Empire.

Gonna repeat myself but I think the Twitter crowd really oversold these episodes being where the story takes a turn into the dark and twisted. It's creepy and ghoulish but still in line with whar has come before. It's not exactly a tonal sledgehammer like when Trigun shifted gears.

And I don't think it's a bad thing, either. It feels consistent with itself and it's striking a fine balance between its darkly comedic moments without diminishing the dramatic parts. It's fun.

you're absolutely correct. friends of mine who haven't read the show thought something Berserk Eclipse tier happened because of all the yelling and screaming about these episodes online.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Hihohe posted:

It was this chapter that Ryoko kinda retconned orcs into a more pig man look and i am thankfull for that

Orcs in japan have always been pig-like in appearance in Japan.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

borderlands lost me after the Tiny Tina campaign

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

looks like a cooked deveined prawn (shrimp)

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Gherkin Jerkin posted:

C'mon. You're telling me they'll find a way to cook up and eat shrimp too? Stop with all the plot twists!

not so shrimple, is it now?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

kabru's a loving arrogant sociopath
"oh the toudens gave money to their injured party members"
"oh thats nice of them-"
"but the injured party members were faking it and got into illegal manufacturing"
okay? isn't it more likely the party members were not being completely honest with the toudens and just taking their money?
fit to be the dungeon lord my rear end. "boy i hope im there when the mask (that i fabricated in my mind) falls off!!"
new opening nice, new ending crazy good

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I think it's just super weird to discover your friend has a sleeper build after spending most of your life assuming they were a twink.

none of my business

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

21 lunchables a day seems like a lot it's probably a joke right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

he's chill about it