Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Regarding Kabru's treatment of the corpse hunters, the moment when the leader offered Kabru the 2 wounded men to kill and bring back to the revival shop was pretty much the moment their fates was sealed because prior to that Kabru just said he was going to report this to the governor.

That act showed that:
1) They have 0 interest in reforming or even practicing enlightened self interest and cutting that poo poo out
2) They are transparently trying to make Kabru complicit in their skullduggery while trying to frame it as an act of goodwill and therefore
3) Are trying to neutralise Kabru as a potential threat to their shady operations. (Because if he did participate then he can't report them without drawing heat on himself too)

As a team that already tried killing them all even when Kabru wasn't a threat to their cash flow, there's nothing stopping them from trying that poo poo again or even more insidiously, if Kabru ever teamwipes again this group now has all the incentive in the world to dump them into a random alcove and pretend they were never found.

Regardless how self-righteous Kabru is, at that point getting rid of them is frankly just self-preservation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'idiot pretending to be a solid person' lol

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

There's a joke somewhere about how Pokémon game dungeons wouldn't even be long enough to worry about brunch.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The cockatrice looked really cool

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

'tis finished

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tying back in to the theme of eating in general and in dungeons, we see here that Kabru subsists primarily on interpersonal drama and folks, he is feasting.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

don Jaime posted:

I'm curious why Kuro and Mickbell have so many side comics. We're not even really supposed to like Mickbell. I think. I like Kuro.

Almost every significant character has a decent amount of side comics. The reason why many of them haven't been posted here is that they have spoilers for later stuff.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Episode 17 spoilers

Falin: You missed my vital organs!

Kabru: ALL OF THEM!?

-5 seconds later-

Kabru, about to be crushed by a giant chimaera foot: Crapbaskets

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ninjewtsu posted:

very good episode

kinda reading shuro as mostly letting out a lot of pent up emotions this episode, making him a lot more extreme. i don't think he was ever really going to drag marcille to the elves and all that, he just needed to process the whole situation and said some nasty stuff off the cuff

sad that laois tried to bond with kabru over their mutual interest in stabbing things but the moment he started talking about monsters kabru just zoned into something else. it really seems like information that would've been really helpful to him specifically!

Kabru zoned specifically into focusing on Laios while he was talking. The dude has his hyperfixations just as much as Laios does.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The person most attracted to Shuro is Laios

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I don't think anything we've seen of Falin lends itself to the idea that she's prone to getting up in someone's grill for 5 hours like Laios is.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Laios, being fascinated with horrible beasts that want to kill him messily??? Impossible

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

In absolute fairness did he ever get a replacement axe for the one he broke on the Red Dragon? Because otherwise he's still limited to the mithril knife and Senshi is many things but an agile ninja is not one of them

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Chilchuck ain't a pacifist. He's a union man who has a contract to pick locks and disarm traps and he's not lifting one finger more after that unless you're ponying up even more cash.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Probably a good thing Kabru wasn't involved in this current ep huh

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I meant that the biggest issue would be the illusions generated by Kabru himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Like so many other things, the Hag is covered in one of the supplementary comics.

Supplemental material spoilers:
It's a babysitting spell Maizuru first developed and used on her liege lord Toshiro to bring him back to her whenever he was absent for too long.

So it is probably not lethal.