Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Don't put your finger into cooking oil, that's gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

If the long rope is an issue for like angles and poo poo, use a pulley. It'd be better than killing a dog or using a bat.

Maybe this kingdom has a severe overabundance of dogs and killing them is an additional bonus?
Alternatively, the guy who came up with that procedure and helped making it a common thing just really hated dogs.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Dogs make good summons because they're good boys and will do what you ask them. Try summoning a celestial tiger and ask him to get that jar off the top shelf and see how he responds.

Cats are really good at getting stuff down from shelves. It will huddle up next to it and softly push it over the edge, where you have no chance of catching it, making it shatter. :3:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
"If it's alive, we can kill it and if we can kill it, we can eat it."
Solid chain of logic there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I feel bad for Marcille. She just wants to be useful on the quest to safe her girlfriend and tries her best, but everyone is always rude and dismissive to her.
I usually skip OPs but this one is genuinely really good. There are so many people we haven't met yet. I wonder when the party will absorb them.

Also I'm just gonna say it: Boiled cabbage is gross and a misuse of ingredients.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hihohe posted:

Ryoko Kui draws characters from video games she likes (full picture)

https://twitter.com/dyingnome/status/1757815719754891691?t=nXks3PdADOC-qxFbadTL-A&s=19

The fact that she played Divinity Original Sin makes her great in my book!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Impressions of the new episode:

As always, some good Marcille faces.

I literally laughted for a minute when I saw Laios' way to deal with sirens.

Kelpies are perfidious assholes. That's just their thing.

The end again proves that Laios is a giant dumbass. I havem't read the manga, but I bet he would try to eat a fire elemental if given the opportunity.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

NuclearWinterUK posted:

Someone please make a clip of Laios' singing in every dub, thanks in advance.

I just checked it out. It seems like that was actually the Japanese original in all languages.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

NuclearWinterUK posted:

Aw, I did wonder if that might be the case.

But props to the English voice actor that he's so close to the Japanese one that it could convincingly be his singing voice.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It must have been so hard fir him to supress his narural urges on the previous crawl.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Zeruel posted:

laios would definitely eat an orc if given the chance.

Bet they taste like a more gamey wild boar. Maybe the Orc piglets are more tender.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Just break them open and slurp it out like it's a mimic.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Slashrat posted:

The flashback also kinda spelled out that Marcille wasn't considered a peer of the other kids in the class, but just sitting in on it because she is a huge nerd and didn't have time for this particular course the first time around. Apparently magic-school has a lot of electives from a very early stage.

It's like if elementary school worked like university and you occasionally had 25-year olds mixed into third grade.

I bet I could own everyone else at freshman math. They would think I'm so smart.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Dolash posted:

Bread is the most dwarven of foods, forged in flame with the finest of craftsdwarfship.

Bread is basically solid unfermented beer, so that checks out.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

"So, you're dating, or what?"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Stupid sword. Imagine if it had done that move at the end there.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I just saw it on a trainride. Felt a bit uncomfortable when the person next to me saw my screen.

New episode stuff:
Fallin seems great. She's just as much of a weirdo freak as her big bro. She directly went for the humanoid monsters. I think Marcille may have a slight crush on her. It's subtle, but I think there's something there.
It feels kind of weird to see her whenever she's not quinting though.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Mar 21, 2024

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

Also given that we've seemingly resolved the main conflict of the series despite having half the season still to go, who wants to bet that Marcille's non-OSHA-approved resurrection is gonna have some Pet Semetary style side effects or something?

We're halfway through the season. Obviously, it's just about climbing back up now.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I like the implication that it would be easier if you cook the bones first.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This episode was a bit of a downer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Hihohe posted:

Eh to me names just eventually fit, i think were programed as humans to just accept a name no matter how silly or mundane.

Hell the School name in harry potter is Hog Warts, yet i dont even really think twice when hearing the name of it. You just kind of accepted it.

See also Frieren beyond journey's end and that show's ridiculously on point German names for every person and location.

The tanky warrior is literally called "Strong" while an older Wizzard is called "Thinking". Eventally you just ignore that and accept these silly words as names.

Also people in real life are called stupid stuff like Monday, or Rainbow so yeah.
Eventually all of those names which are proper nouns will feel as common as August or Iris and people will end up with names like "Optometrist" or Cardivascular.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 28, 2024