Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

NmareBfly posted:

https://twitter.com/nonstopbrocock/status/1688931261308616704

She already was. Note date (Aug 8)

Though this is possibly also just a joke.

It is. There wasn't a Japanese localization of the game at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Last Celebration posted:

Looking at credits is a mistake, Mad Mage is a way more intimidating antagonist name than freaking Thistle.

Sometimes fantasy/sci-fi names will just not work for every viewer due to their cultural background. That's just what you gotta deal with to enjoy the genres sometimes.
Like, how I'm watching/reading Dune while knowing that Herbert picked up the very unintimidating name Härkönen for his antagonists from a phone book.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

Is that like the equivalent in English of, like, "Jones" or something?

Eh, close enough.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Are Kabru, Kiki, Kaka, and Shuro also tall men (tall man? Tall people? Tall folk?)

Yes. Tallmen would include all varieties of humans from our world.

The races in the series are (these have all have appeared already but spoilered just in case):

Humans:
Tallman, elf, dwarf, gnome, half-foot

Demi-human:
Orc, ogre, kobold

Do note that the human-demihuman categorization is from the setting itself and is subject to the characters' and cultures' biases.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 6, 2024

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Sander posted:

Dwarves are clearly much, much stronger than tall-men, as we can clearly see in the rematch with the Undine. Like, Laios is a very fit lad, swimming and diving with armor and all and yet Namari had to fill in for him stand up to the Undine waterjet.

So to see her manhandle a fit dwarf like a plushie really puts into perspective how strong ogres are.

To be fair, in that position there's not much he can do with strength alone, and all that dense bone and muscle is doing is choking him out faster. Both of them are very strong (and ogres are stronger), but let's not underestimate the importance of size.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

...you know, when I woke up this morning, I was not expecting to see a John Carpenter fursona.

Life's full of surprises, huh.

This is an actual character in an anime.
https://bogleech.com/halloween/hall19-john

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Hihohe posted:

I love this one
it makes this pic in the current credits even cuter. Hes getting a piggyback ride from his dad :unsmith:

I'm afraid he's not carrying Kaka, he's just an old man struggling to climb the stairs while Kaka is walking behind him.

Both of the twins are carrying two bags, which makes it slightly more difficult to see what's going on.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

Kiki has some really long boots

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah it's worth remembering that part of the reason why they deal with traps well is because they are so lightweight that they don't set off a lot of them. That isn't going to be good for fighting. iirc the times we have seen them fight shows them primarily using ranged weapons where the power comes from the bow, not from their own mass.

Even with bows, the draw strength of a tallman and a child-sized half-foot is still notable in terms of range and penetration. A good shot in the eye will certainly have an effect, though.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

It just works!

https://www.tumblr.com/floofkvist-art/749585031675199488/im-not-the-first-to-make-this-crossover-but-its

https://kingworm.tumblr.com/post/745460281646448640/dungeon-moomin-meshi

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

from the preview i thought the curse was Maizuru or put there by her

Based on the episode, I do believe it was implied that she did cast the curse on her neck to keep Izutsumi in check. The caster, the person who had to touch the curse to prevent it from triggering, had to be a someone she was travelling with and only Maizuru fits the bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Only tangentially related to team dad chat but did you know Kui very briefly planed to draw Chilchuck with a bunch of gray hairs but gave up on that almost immediately because it was a pain to draw over and over.

edit: and by "briefly" and "immediately" I apparently mean it lasted for the first three chapters.

Similarly, she has said, more or less, that Senshi likely has much more body hair than is shown, but she's not gonna keep drawing all that.