Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I never read the manga but this episode made me "get" what the series is going for, using food as a vehicle to explore topics like ecology and politics, and it's really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

haypliss posted:

I am a hater, a Saori Hayami hater.

disgusting

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kabru is cool, he's just acting off incomplete information, I don't think he's "KiwiFarms" or whatever for that

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lamebot posted:

Kabru is cool if not a bit full of himself and his perma killing of the corpse collectors was completely justified. I mean would you spare a bunch of murderous bandits on the road you've bested? No, the sane thing would be to finish them off because turning them in is impractical and the authorities were going to end up executing them anyways.

Yeah, the worst thing you can really say about that decision is that it's very coldly pragmatic. The best case scenario is the corpse retrievers get executed, the worst case is they somehow survive to continue stealing from and murdering parties.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Considering that that group was responsible for extortion, theft, and assault at worst, I'd say extrajudicial murder and soul entrapment is disproportionate retribution

They killed someone who surrendered and was at their mercy. That sort of thing is called a war crime

Approaching this like a lawyer is dumb for many reasons, chief among them that they also tried to make Kabru's party murder each other

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Marsupial Ape posted:

Kabru has cop brain.

jesus christ

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Tade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kabru is not a psycho, he's just cynical.