Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
My most anticipated anime of all time. I can't believe its happening and in such good hands. Frieren has been an absolute outstanding adaptation and I hope the same is true for Dungeon Meshi. Getting 2 all time bangers in a row like this would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
That episode was so fuckin funny.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
mandraked marcille made me laugh so hard

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Laois being a "im not trapped in this dungeon with you, you're trapped in here with me" but for eating all the monsters is such a great well of power. APEX PREDATOR LAOIS.

The virgin dungeon explorer encounters a giant crab and only sees impenetrable chitin and claws that can crack steel mail
the chad laois sees a walking Louisiana seafood boil

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Storing the holy water in a jar and swinging it around because ghosts pass through corporeal objects and so would come into contact with it anyways is so genius.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
a starving laois looking at his party members and theyre giant hams (orc pig edition) like in looney toons

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Love her so much.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os0ipGn33u0

This guys videos continue to be really good for dungeon meshi

italian elf spotted!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/ryosuketarou/status/1760910776288919920?t=zk99sjhly-rKG0iVnLow7w&s=19

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Marsupial Ape posted:

I do find it interesting that there seems to an expected code of honor when stumbling upon the bodies of other adventurers. The newbie group seemed particularly incensed when they thought their treasure had been stolen by whoever positioned their bodies.

Given the talk about reputation amongst adventurers with Namari the non-criminal ones probably abide by common etiquette since the island is not that big and word would get around. The treasure a corpse had would be used to pay for resurrection fees and corpse retrieval and stuff so robbing a body could be seen as pretty rude and potentially threatening. The danger we've seen present in the dungeon likely engenders a spirit of cooperation because you don't wanna make a world where if you died then someone stole your loot you'd be hosed.

The bandits and poo poo obviously do not care.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yea its been an insane adaptation so far in that its moving briskly but really covering all the major elements of each chapter. This is a finished story and the team that is doing it clearly loves the source material so I hope its slamming with viewers and we get the full story. Would also love if they somehow fit in the bonus side material because Kui really really sells the world and the characters hard with the bonus content, its all so so good.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Alan Smithee posted:

Does the manga explain what gnome guy was looking for? Laois mentions going off on a sidequest with him after the undine to help him find...whatever

i dont think gnome guy mentioned to the lord

Hes translating the elvish runes in the dungeon to try and decipher the immortality spell placed on the dungeon. Thats explained across all the episodes released.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
yea I agree with that. Frieren is a straight forward but incredibly elevated adaptation. I think its one of the biggest glow ups ever. But it IS very straight forward, really whats added is just the battle stuff. DM is a higher bar for source material (its one of the most goated mangas of all time imo), but Trigger is taking that - matching it - and also going all out with variations in style while still remaining true to the source material.

They're both great adaptations in their own ways. From pure source->adaptation Frieren is probably the biggest "quality increase". I guess I don't know where I really fall on this argument as I love both of them so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
This was maybe the funniest episode of the show so far, and thats saying something because I've laughed a bunch at earlier episodes.