Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah I'm super excited for the series as a whole but waiting to recommend it to some friends until there are a few more in the hopper to binge. Reactions to the first are fine but I wasn't expecting this to blow the doors off right at the gate and that's fine imo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Biggest complaint so far is that Netflix doesn't have the technology to subtitle the diagrams.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Marcille gets ragged on especially early on but she'll have plenty of time to shine. They cranked it up slightly in the anime too -- I notice the brief part where she's running back and forth away from the basilisk isn't in the manga at all.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 12, 2024

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Ammat The Ankh posted:

For people who say Marcille doesn't offer anything of value: she offers funny faces. That's what really matters.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Chas McGill posted:

drat these are amazing. I have no doubt Rui is playing the poo poo out of BG3 now.

https://twitter.com/nonstopbrocock/status/1688931261308616704

She already was. Note date (Aug 8)

Though this is possibly also just a joke.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

None of them are future spoilers, fwiw. Minor background stuff.

My favorite minor character in this episode was the servant giving Laios the stink eye at the feast.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Back to back 12 episode cours right now, which will get us to about halfway through the manga.

After that, currently unknown as far as I'm aware.

Another two cours would finish it out, but I haven't seen explicit news about it getting renewed (or if itd still be Trigger doing it, which we can certainly hope but isn't guaranteed.)

It's been a super faithful adaptation so far, missing some margin jokes and a lot of bonus content but main plot wise only real thing is a bit in this last episode that they might have just shuffled timing wise.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

What time does it officially release, midnight of?

Between around 8:30 to 9 AM EST day of from what I've seen.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

At the risk of pretty general spoilers, do you think that the cat bard and the boat elves from the OP will appear in this cour? I think I've spotted everyone else from the OP in an episode so far.

Without any real spoilers but spoiling just in case: remember this cour is over with the next episode -- everyone in OP will not show up by the end of this cour and they will by the end of NEXT cour (ie, before episode 24).

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 19, 2024

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

AFAIK it's back to back cours, no break. I could have sworn they were even doing a special showing of 11 12 and 13 in theaters but I can't find a story on it now to verify.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

does the trailer have ep 13 spoilers

yes

slightly weird announcement. is e13 the first ep of cour 2 or last ep of cour 1? if the former, cour 2 started today. If the latter, is cour 2 only 11 episodes?

i mean I dunno if it matters where you draw the line, I'm just wondering if it's possible we somehow get 26 episodes total (13+13)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

See also: Kaka and Kiki.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Snooze Cruise posted:

Kiki is a a lovely name for a lovely woman >:I

Sure! I just mean in reference to 'some names don't translate well.'

Caca is poo poo in Spanish.

Someone said Kiki is also peepee but even after several googles leading me to places I didn't want to be, I cannot verify this.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

to be fair I read the whole manga and didn't realize / notice that until this ep either.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

In his defense, Laios + Shuro are theoretically a known factor, they have been in a party for a while and are friends. Senshi and weird new lady present more unknowns and risks.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Apr 19, 2024

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I see that very much as a nightmare given to Laios, not a proper What-If. Remember how oblivious he is, he has no idea how much Shuro or Marcille actually care about Falin. In fact, Marcille would try to talk her out of it but Falin would get Shuro to go back in no prob, probably with his whole entourage. Might have to agree to his proposal? Drama all around, lots of longing. Chuck might come with, depends on if his contract was with Laios specifically or how that works, I'm sure there are provisions.

Dunno if they meet Senshi at all or just pass him in the hallway. My question is, if they DO get to the dragon, is Laios still donezo? Assuming the fight doesn't take too long and use him as fuel. Falin probably can't stand him up down there but maybe she can keep his spirit attached to the bare bones while they cart them up?

anyway that's my fanfic

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Honestly I can defend the bounce from a naturalistic perspective too. Once you allow that Falin has -- generous plumage and that she's not wearing a bra (her clothing is an actual plot point) animating that scene without some amount of bop feels weird?

I think it's supposed to be doing something with the dichotomy of the beautiful and the profane but this stuff is always eye of the beholder anyway.

This might be my worst ever post, gently caress.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Oh no, it's an Observer. Hope you like eyeball soup.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

There's also a big element of Laios's reaction that reads stunned / disassociative / maybe intrusive thought territory to me. It's of a pair with the bit where he says if Falin wasn't eaten they wouldn't have ice cream, which happens because he feels safe enough to just let a thought out instead of self censoring. In this case it's that he has too much on the mind to filter it.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

ninjewtsu posted:

honestly i kinda took it as laios being pretty insulted too. shuro saying that laios wasn't serious about saving his sister, after laios just fought and killed a dragon to save her was way over the line and i'm glad laois didn't stand for that

Oh oops I slow posted and I was talking about the 'she's so cool!' reaction people were discussing above, not Shuro.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Hihohe posted:

Tommorow needs to be here already, next episodes gonna be good

Spoilers! :kingsley:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Fluffdaddy posted:

a 10 minute review of a 22 minute show is this punishment?

He's done one for every episode and they've all been super good and informative imo.

It's not really a review, it's a technical animation and adaptation breakdown. Almost always points out some stuff I didn't spot, like how for some reason big Laios looking around has an absurd number of frames.

May contain the occasional slight spoiler or foreshadowing but nothing dramatic besides hints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

ManSedan posted:

Big fan of Senshi instructing “add in a few cloves of garlic” while showing like seventeen cloves in the pan. Very accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoV7lw7YBG4

We thought it was Marcille but it turns out Senshi was the Italian all along.