Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Oh I got a couple from the last few years:

I went through a 2 hour :airquote: One and Done :airquote: interview process with a company that manages shopping malls. Outside of dumbshit stuff like wanting me in the office 5x a week to work on cloud based stuff, they asked me what i would do in an zombie apocalypse and expected a serious answer. I started to wind up on how the whole idea is both racist and stupid but I stopped myself and hung up on the interview

Different one - a recruiting company reaches out to me and says some muckety-muck wants to interview me for a decent position and that "he saw your profile and likes what he sees" (profile not resume being the key word). I got on the interview and it was a middle-aged man who set up the whole thing to flirt with me. It was every bit as degrading and insulting as you could imagine - I'm a 44 year old cishet male desperately looking for work and having a total stranger trying to use baby talk about my dog during what was ostensibly a job interview was :stare::stare::stare:

thats ignoring the numerous job interviews where I applied for a position, spoke with a recruiter about the position, got to the technical interview and it was both an extremely junior and paid way less than the job description. I've worked in VOIP & video conferencing for almost 24 years now; having some random dude try to convince me that I could start as a junior tech and work my way up to sales engineer (when I applied for the senior SE position) is frustrating and insulting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU