Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
A small boutique tech consultancy shop in Dallas strung my interview process out to the span of 2 months and by the end I was absolutely over it. The final step was an interview directly with the CEO and they had already cancelled and rescheduled twice. When the interview was finally set in stone, I had already written the entire job off, but I decided to go to the interview anyway because who the gently caress cares. We sit in his office and the first "question" is "so poemdexter, tell me about your life." I proceed to tell him everything. EVERYTHING. How I never studied in school and when I hit college it hit me like a brick which is why it took me 8 years to get a degree. How I stole things from Walmart to sell to other students to afford my own books after scholarships ran out. The tremendous amount of pot I smoked. How I decided to have a kid, get married, and then graduate college in exactly that order. I guess he was impressed with my ability to get poo poo done under duress or whatever because he interrupted my story by open palm slamming his card on the table and saying "let's do this."

About a year or two later, I quit because the rear end in a top hat CEO hired his daughter and friend's daughter to come work in the office and called it a "High School Internship Program" instead of blatant nepotism. When I called him out on it anonymously on LinkedIn, he brought it up at the next all hands meeting but only mentioned how upset he was that his linkedin approval rating was no longer 100%. An old manager instantly recognized that it was more than likely my review and offered me a job at his new place so off I went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU