Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Peppers and Gates are the 100% locks.

After that, I'd go Freeney, Wayne, and Andre Johnson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Dumb question but, has it always been only 5 inductees per year? Reason I ask is that the league has obviously expanded by what - 8 teams since the 60s? Shouldn't there be an increase with the number of teams in the era to the number of inductees?

From the HOF website:

quote:

There is no set number of new enshrinees, but the Committee's current ground rules do stipulate that between four and eight new members will be selected each year. Every candidate is thoroughly reviewed and must receive approval from at least 80% of the full Committee to be elected.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1755765905823330514?t=4F0JrjqTgZ8AJob_8Y0SeQ&s=19

wow

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1755791187200593989 lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Lol that he doesn't belong or lol that it's the chargers posting it

The latter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Eli will be.

Suggs should be.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Maybe Gates should fuckin get in idk

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

If Suggs isn't first ballot, then just lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Lighter posted:

Right or wrong, though, Simms would have probably gotten in by now if he'd won that second Super Bowl instead of Hostetler. Two rings are just too much for sportswriter brain to ignore.

Unless you're jim plunkett

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I've always been of the opinion that if you have the accumulative stats over a long period the no ability like availability vibes kind of kick in, similarly I think you should go in if you can't tell the story of the NFL without that person for more than a year. Eli fits that latter bill pretty readily.

TBH I don't like the idea of not putting a player in because a few fans might get mad, when their peers agree with them being in and it means so much to the player to be recognized.

This is what's gonna get Philip Rivers in

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now do yards per return. Hester is head and shoulders above everyone.

Agreed.

If it came down to Hester vs Gates, Gates should have gotten the nod.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Febreeze posted:

This level of anger over Devin Hester lol just imagine the seething level of fury from stat heads when Eli makes it

Eli is much easier to justify

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Borsche69 posted:

its hosed. i was glad faneca got in just because it vacates space at guard. I think Willie Anderson is the only OL otherwise at this point

Yanda probably won't be but Suggs sure as hell should be.

I'm just gonna say Should from now on forever because I thought Gates was a 100% lock and now I'm just a dipshit I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mystic Stylez posted:

Suggs should be a slam dunk first-ballot, he's top 10 all time in sacks, first in TFLs, was very consistently among the best OLBs for a long time, has all the accolades (DROY, DPOY, all-pros, pro bowls, ringz), but as Ross has said, after Gates I guess you can't be sure of anything anymore

Suggs is Jason Taylor with post season success