Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cavauro posted:

it's the same exact people having the same argument that you had in the december n/v thread. no different points

except now doltos gets to seethe extra hard because all of us who said that hester owns were proven right, once again. can't wait to see his meltdown once frank gore rightfully gets in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Sunshine posted:

Then they clearly need to put that man in the Hall of Fame since he has more return yards than Hester who is in the Hall of Fame.

now mohammad massequoi, there's a wideout you can set your watch to

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

I feel like since this board is mostly mock drafts and twitter feeds there's been an overall dumbing down of football intelligence reflected by peoples opinions aligning with Peter King

i dont think this place was ever a bastion of high IQ, and twitter feed poo poo is like 10 years old at this point. hof, to me, is not something to take super seriously. its like some comic book canon poo poo where you ignore the poo poo you dont like, and then go 'hell yeah' at the poo poo you do. its very empirically stats + 'vibes based' meaning that its not really worth getting worked up over. i think hester belongs in the hall because hes cool and made cool plays and dragged a really ugly bears team to a superbowl loss. put josh cribbs and dante hall in there as well if that makes you feel better, they probably both deserve it.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

yanda should be first ballot hof btw

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

wandler20 posted:

I wouldn't argue but IOL usually have to wait a couple years to get in it seems for whatever reason.

its hosed. i was glad faneca got in just because it vacates space at guard. I think Willie Anderson is the only OL otherwise at this point

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

what's cool about yanda is that he couldve arguably been one of the best RTs of his generation anyway and he was only swung out there for a season or two out of desperation. he was insane. superbowl ring + on the oline that broke the single season team rushing record that had stood since the 80s should be more than enough for whatever casual voter is out there

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Doltos posted:

Starting to think I'm not the one who hinges his mental health on Hester being in the HoF

my happiness always hinges on poo poo thats out of my control. its what makes me normal and well adjusted.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Yanda probably won't be but Suggs sure as hell should be.

I'm just gonna say Should from now on forever because I thought Gates was a 100% lock and now I'm just a dipshit I guess

I get that. Its apples and oranges but Yanda dominated at guard in a way that Suggs never did at DE/OLB, but otoh you're right since Suggs gets the DROY, DPOY, 2 rings vs 'its a guard with a superbowl'. I think Suggs is more likely to get in earlier but Yanda feels way more deserving or like world class at his position.

Gates is a weird one cause I felt like there were at least two (non-hester!) dudes that couldve sat on the outside for a year or so while Gates got in. I think Willis was one of them? Probably one of the most insane linebackers I've ever seen, but basically only played for 5 years in a 7 year career. Not an argument to keep Willis out, probably more an argument against the weird limitations on how many can get into the HoF in a single year

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

suggs or yanda whichever gets in first will be the first ravens draftee inducted to the hall of fame who doesnt have an argument they are the best ever at their position. end of an era

Yanda is absolutely the best RG in the history of the sport. Get your head checked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

A.o.D. posted:

never mind this post.

save it for the Wrong Thread thread