Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

fast cars loose anus posted:

Put Andre Johnson in you bastards

He should be in purely because of fighting Cortland Finnegan.

In the same spirit, Tyler Brayton gets in for kneeing rapist Jerramy Stevens in the nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Benne posted:

I'm not sure why Mike Shanahan doesn't get more traction for the Hall. He has the rings and an obvious influence case, like half the league is running his offense right now. Do the voting members still hate his guts?

He openly ran the most hosed up offensive line blocking scheme that pretty much intentionally injured opponents so I hope he never gets in, gently caress him

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

3 total kickers/punters isn't exactly representative of those positions throughout the history of the league. Blanda and Groza don't really count since they were known for playing other positions as well.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Why the gently caress isn't Jim Marshall in.

Probably because his most famous highlight is of him loving up in the worst possible way. Not defending it though, he should be in.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Forget waiting, induct him in the HoF right now.

The slayer of dragons deserves such an honor

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The Rivers teeth for eyes photoshop should bar him from getting in, it's too unsettling

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Dante Hall can't sniff Hester's jockstrap.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Doltos posted:

It's like comparing CJ2k to Barry Sanders.

In this scenario Hall is CJ since he was really good for awhile and Hester is Barry since he's the best to ever play the position, yeah sure I'll go with that.

In addition to the return averages, you fail to account for return touchdowns and the fact that teams were so terrified of kicking to Hester that they routinely gave up valuable field position to keep the ball out of his hands. This would also give him less pure numbers due to the lack of touches.

Your counting stat chart is also dumb because it would mean that they let the 8th best returner in the Hall of Fame before the other 7 guys who were surely better...

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Doltos posted:

Again. AGAIN

EVERY ELITE RETURNER HAS BEEN KICKED AWAY FROM. THEY KICKED AWAY FROM JOSH CRIBBS. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Then they clearly need to put that man in the Hall of Fame since he has more return yards than Hester who is in the Hall of Fame.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

None of those people are the best to ever play their position. Frank Gore shouldn't really get in either aside from being a medical miracle.

Count more stats and get mad, nerd

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

So now we're holding it against players who can't play other positions very well?

Every corner is just a wide receiver that can't catch. Deion Sanders was a hack folks!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Strong "It's not me, it's the kids who are wrong" vibes in here

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Acebuckeye13 posted:

well yeah it does unless you're gonna argue that Leonard Fournette is just as good as Barry Sanders

The only reason we place Barry above Fournette is because Barry was around during our formative years!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Doltos posted:

You do realize there's a huge difference in magnitude between RBs and returners right or..

Would you say the difference is about a yard?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

There's no sanctity to the Hall of Fame, it's a goddamn joke as evidenced by the greatest TE of his generation not being a first ballot selection this year.

Let everyone in, gently caress it

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Show me on the doll where Hester touched you

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I don't think anyone believes Hester deserves the spot over Gates but the HoF is dumb as poo poo about how many they let in every year.