Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Vermonter here, yeah, they're nips.

Fun little thing about those "Fireball" nips that have become real popular:

Plenty of states, VT included, can only sell liquor in dedicated liquor stores (VT is weird in that technically you can put a state-run liquor store inside an otherwise privately owned store, but all liquor sales go through a dedicated, state-owned "liquor only" register.)

But beer, wine, malt beverages, etc.. can be sold anywhere. So most of those "fireball" nips (some places even have pint bottle-sized) are not the same as the "regular" Fireball (which I think technically is a whiskey, albeit a very poor quality whiskey with nasty cinnamon flavoring.)

Instead, the ones sold at gas stations near the counter are a cinnamon-flavored malt beverage designed to kind of taste like the cinnamon-flavored whiskey.

https://www.npr.org/2023/01/27/1151...s%20misleading.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

The entire North East quadrant has too many specific terms for things. You people need to settle down with that poo poo.

Well Jeezum crow, you can get yourself right outta my dooryard with that; you ain't gettin' any of my creemee with that attitude. Gettin' me wicked pissed.

Why don't you bang a u-ey and go back up that road, you flatlander. I'd say go back where you came from, but can't get there from here.
But before you go, help me bring these boxes of dungarees down cellar, would ya'? They're heavier than a dead minister.

I'll give you half my grinder, only been in the ice box a couple hours.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jan 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU