Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Not PF Changs you heathen. Changs Mongolian Grill. Those places are loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of the first places I ate when I moved to Portland was Chang's Mongolian Grill out at NE 122nd Ave.

10/10 would go again.

It should be noted there are PF Chang's in the greater Portland area.

I have not eaten at one.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do think the Browns have a good shot at beating the AFCS team that’ll make it to the post season but it will be much tougher after and I am doubtful we can make it past the Ravens. I’m also doubting Chiefs and Bills. But it would be pretty nice. Our team is tremendously beaten up and we don’t have our starting tackles which could have made the difference.

Now if by some miracle someone eliminates the Ravens and the Browns squeak out a win at some end of Bills/KC/Dolphins then things improve.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
KC lost at home to a QB that didn't complete a pass after the first quarter, I think the Browns would throttle them at Arrowhead.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Unless the Chiefs pull a miracle out of their collective dysfunctional rear end, I’m rooting for a Lions-Browns Super Bowl

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Barudak posted:

Put a goddamn team in Tokyo

I'm in favor of the Tokyo Gundams so long as they get that full size RX-78-2 in their stadium and make it the logo.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
A Buick dealership with free coffee and doughnuts is more of a Chinese restaurant than PF Chang's.

fartknocker posted:

I'm in favor of the Tokyo Gundams so long as they get that full size RX-78-2 in their stadium and make it the logo.

But have you considered the Hokkaido Football Ham Fighters?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I love Portland, but this would be a dog poo poo football town.

Nonsense, we’ve got some very passionate fans up here.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
hard hittaz 263 on da plates

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Beaverton has the best Thai and Chinese Hot Pot.

I can confirm this and I live in the Bay Area. Visited there last year and it was so amazing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Unless the Chiefs pull a miracle out of their collective dysfunctional rear end, I’m rooting for a Lions-Browns Super Bowl

Fun fact: The Lions have 4 NFL championships (1935, 1952, 1953, and 1957), and 3 of them are against the Browns.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Fun fact: The Lions have 4 NFL championships (1935, 1952, 1953, and 1957), and 3 of them are against the Browns.

https://youtu.be/uB1D9wWxd2w?si=xi64mu4bhNODWvRe

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp
It is really funny to look back on the 1950s NFL and see that not only did the Lions play the Browns in the NFC championship four times, but they did so three years in a row between 1952 and 1954. I can only imagine how sick of that matchup folks were back then :v:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
michigan has always beaten ohio.. it's our nature. our grit

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Rewatching the Ravens@49ers game and thought this was interesting. What's this fella doing way back here?

this play worked to an insane degree by the way, look how open these guys are

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 30, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Shanahan good

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It is really funny to look back on the 1950s NFL and see that not only did the Lions play the Browns in the NFC championship four times, but they did so three years in a row between 1952 and 1954. I can only imagine how sick of that matchup folks were back then :v:

I want to know how they determined the two Chicago teams being split into Eastern/Western conferences.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Watson gives me powerful vibes of a dude that cashed in and immediately gave up giving a poo poo.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

Watson gives me powerful vibes of a dude that cashed in and immediately gave up giving a poo poo.

its hard to read it any other way. i dont want to be some injury truther but the dude makes it so easy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I kinda think that Bill O'Brien is a better offensive play caller than people give him credit for and while Stefanski doesn't suck as a coach - Watson might not be the best fit for the kind of scheme he runs. This kinda always smacked to me of an ownership more interested in getting a guy they felt was the guy than the coaching staff, I might be off - but its kinda night and day from how he looked his last banger year with the Texans.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Mildly curious as to if it was a physician picked by Watson that determined the need for the surgery or was it the team doc.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Team doctors suck rear end across the board. The Browns guy still cleared Baker playing on a torn labrum and Landry on torn labeum, meniscus damage, and a bad hip in 2021.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

Mildly curious as to if it was a physician picked by Watson that determined the need for the surgery or was it the team doc.

the team made it pretty clear that when he kept himself out of games earlier in the season, it was his own decision. that was prior to the season ending injury.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Team doctors suck rear end across the board. The Browns guy still cleared Baker playing on a torn labrum and Landry on torn labeum, meniscus damage, and a bad hip in 2021.

Oh of course, doctors are a dime a dozen and easily bought. It's not a coincidence the team ortho are almost always narcissists obsessed with their brand image. I knew the neurologist garbage with the concussions was going to be a joke from day one, any unbiased doctor would be pulling players left and right for the season.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

AndrewP posted:

Rewatching the Ravens@49ers game and thought this was interesting. What's this fella doing way back here?

this play worked to an insane degree by the way, look how open these guys are

My hunch is that in a vacuum, that extra five yards is really going to gently caress with a dbs sense of timing.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

michigan has always beaten ohio.. it's our nature. our grit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

Due to surveying inaccuracies, Toledo was claimed by both Michigan and Ohio. It came to blows and the only injury in the battle was a guy from Michigan. In the end Ohio got Toledo and Michigan received the Upper Peninsula. I think Michigan came out ahead in the exchange?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My hunch is that in a vacuum, that extra five yards is really going to gently caress with a dbs sense of timing.

Yeah Humphrey and Queen didn't seem super comfy passing that one off. and it gave the WR a full 10 yard route while ending up in the flat at the end of a normal 5 step drop. neat

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Borsche69 posted:

its hard to read it any other way. i dont want to be some injury truther but the dude makes it so easy

Put him in the Haynesworth Hall of Fame

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Borsche69 posted:

I have never been an injury truther before, but I was all in on this being BS when his shoulder stuff started this year.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Asproigerosis posted:

Oh of course, doctors are a dime a dozen and easily bought. It's not a coincidence the team ortho are almost always narcissists obsessed with their brand image. I knew the neurologist garbage with the concussions was going to be a joke from day one, any unbiased doctor would be pulling players left and right for the season.

I have some hope when it comes to the neurologists because their employment relies on keeping the union happy. They're at least somewhat beholden to the players well being.

The team doctors are there to inject pain killers are stfu

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The team doctors are there to inject pain killers are stfu

Even then, the Chargers doctors couldn't clear that low bar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Anderson Koopa posted:

Even then, the Chargers doctors couldn't clear that low bar.

I mean it was injected

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

I mean it was injected

From the book House of God: #6 There is no body cavity that cannot be reached with a #14G needle and a good strong arm.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Goddamn, Campbell. I know you're agressive & ballsy but JUST KICK THE PAT AND GO TO OVERTIME.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Going for 2 from the 7 was a ridiculous choice. Going again from the 3 and a half would have worked if Goff throws a decent ball

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

Going for 2 from the 7 was a ridiculous choice. Going again from the 3 and a half would have worked if Goff throws a decent ball

That is asking a lot from Goff when the defense isn’t playing prevent

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Ultra Carp

Android Apocalypse posted:

Goddamn, Campbell. I know you're agressive & ballsy but JUST KICK THE PAT AND GO TO OVERTIME.

He was pissed off, rightly so, and frankly so am I

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Intruder posted:

Yeah both plays where the Cowboys weren't offsides went perfectly aside from one dummy messing up.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If it's any consolation Lions fans that loss really didn't mean anything. You were already kinda locked into the 3 seed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hilarious clownball game between two teams that are gonna lose in likely-similarly-hilarious fashion in the playoffs