Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UU TEE EFF
Apr 10, 2005
mate?
I am a newbie to both programming and SQL in general. I can follow a guide and understand what I am doing, but that is about it. but I want to expand my skills a little in managing and analyzing a database. I think I want to do it by creating a local database on my windows machine and then connecting to it with Power BI. I was able to follow the python tutorial https://docs.python.org/3/library/sqlite3.html#tutorial to create an SQLite3 database. I then connected to it through Power BI. So that part is good.

Am I on the right track using SQLite with Python to learn this? The number of ways to do this is a little overwhelming for a newbie like myself, so I am not sure if I should change tack.

Next step I want to do is to create a new database with my CSV data files and start building the table relationships. Anyone know a good tutorial on that? Particularly, I want to connect to a directory of CSV files that are stored on my PC in an organized file structure I see some guides for loading one file, but am not sure how to load a directory of files.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU