Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mortarr
Apr 28, 2005

frozen meat at high speed

monochromagic posted:

How do I become one?
Here's a tip - don't!

Help, I think I have been doing on prem data engineering for the last like 20+ years without knowing that's what it was called?! Lots of SQL and shifting data between transactional and analytic platforms, with the odd app, report suite or data vis thrown in too.

I do like having problems all the time, I don't really like doing reports, I've lived in on-prem ms-land since forever and never touched python or done any cloud type stuff, currently moved sideways into it/ops consulting but not enjoying it so much.

Very interested in this thread, my employer just got bought out by a much bigger player with a large data division but with no presence in my geo area, so hopeful I can wrangle something, and looking here for inspiration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU