Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
There are a lot of little details this game gets right. That includes having a piano that a few characters will play sometimes. My favorite is that you will see Tony and Strange playing chess at one point and if you look at the board, you’ll see they’re only a few moves into the opening and are playing the Bongcloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
I can't post much about combat strategy and tactics as I never went above Heroic 2 difficulty for long in my playthroughs. Past that point you can't really afford to fool around with suboptimal play and builds based on things like shielding against hits, but IMX Heroic 2 is forgiving enough you can do what you want without raising your blood pressure in the process.

I will say that I appreciate how well they matched the dynamics of characters to their playstyle. Tony is a huge attention hog. Strange is probably the best support character in the game, with enough punch that he'll get to KO stuff occasionally. Nico has support but some good attacks, too. And so on. Hunter has more available cards and builds and can run however you want, though not using her as a damage dealer is going to make the game a lot harder since killing enemies is almost always better than healing or shielding.

Captain Marvel is a tough character because undoubtedly she has to trigger Binary to operate properly, but needing to play three cards at the start of every mission makes that just a little too difficult. I think it's a sign of how the game is balanced that she'd probably become too effective if she started missions in Binary and only had to recover it after losing all her shields, but that I'm unsure whether she'd be too good if she only had to play one card to trigger her initial Binary (and then three for subsequent plays), or if she'd still be a little too weak if she had to play two. If I were modding the game to improve her, I'd probably do that; she needs the shields to keep Binary up while taunting and she's built too much around taunting to function otherwise unless you modded all her cards.

Blade is on the attention-hog side of things, but really it's a reflection of the fact that he's used to fighting alone and not as part of a team. Once we see his cards that can take advantage of bleed, he's theoretically better as a team player when paired with someone else who can cause bleed, though that's actually rare enough to be a bit of a problem. The DLC maybe fixes that somewhat, but it's complicated.

I really like Nico, and unsurprisingly she pairs well with Magik. She's multi-function and she has a lot of flexibility, perhaps in part because she has fewer cards that just aren't worth taking. Her biggest problem is that, like Strange, you can find yourself reluctant to leave her on the bench for a while.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
So Steam tells me I have 389 hours in this game. That's at least three full playthroughs, possibly more like four or five.

And I've never seen that particular hang-out conversational branch with Robbie before.

There is a remarkable amount of content packed into the conversations of this game.