Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Can you hear the rumble?
This poll is closed.
Yes 5 19.23%
Yes, but #2 21 80.77%
Total: 26 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this WrestleMania game has some lol eliminations, hhh out off what looked like a shinbreaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Suplex Liberace posted:

this WrestleMania game has some lol eliminations, hhh out off what looked like a shinbreaker

I messaged duel on twitter regarding why the eliminations were so weird in Day of Reckoning, would be the same as Wrestlemania 19.

https://twitter.com/duel3000/status/1749353928461049927

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

just a heads up that the boys are also doing a 2024 rumble sim RIGHT NOW

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
Give Slip #19, he deserves it!

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

StupidSexyMothman posted:

just a heads up that the boys are also doing a 2024 rumble sim RIGHT NOW

I know the nl team are good people, but this week has been hard with the news in regards to the wwe. I just don't want to see any promotion, indirectly or directly, for Saturdays ppv, which is what I feel this indirectly does. Unless they're spending their time calling it all out. But I doubt that.

Again the whole situation is weird and probably brings up a lot of personal stuff in people (it does for me) so my opinion is tainted. Not even sure why I'm expressing my opinion here, but hey there it is.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I know the nl team are good people, but this week has been hard with the news in regards to the wwe. I just don't want to see any promotion, indirectly or directly, for Saturdays ppv, which is what I feel this indirectly does. Unless they're spending their time calling it all out. But I doubt that.

Again the whole situation is weird and probably brings up a lot of personal stuff in people (it does for me) so my opinion is tainted. Not even sure why I'm expressing my opinion here, but hey there it is.

They can't really call it out right now, since these were recorded weeks ago, except for the live stream on the 31st.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Angry_Ed posted:

They can't really call it out since these were recorded weeks ago, except for the live stream on the 31st

My bad, is the one they are doing right now for 2024 taped? poo poo I feel like an idiot then.

Yeah the royalist of course I understand that.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Angry_Ed posted:

They can't really call it out right now, since these were recorded weeks ago, except for the live stream on the 31st.

They are doing a Twitch stream simming the 2024 Royal Rumble PPV, this isn't the Rumblethon

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Majinfoose posted:

They are doing a Twitch stream simming the 2024 Royal Rumble PPV, this isn't the Rumblethon

Ah, right, sorry. I thought we were talking about the rumblethon and I misunderstood.

To be honest I completely forgot they were even doing a Royal Rumble sim stream.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"You can finish the story... or you could get these hoes!"

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

the first two eliminations of this rumble are Cody Rhodes (literally the second The Rock enters the ring) and....Cody Rhodes (2011 version with face mask, tossed out by....The Rock)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

My bad, is the one they are doing right now for 2024 taped? poo poo I feel like an idiot then.

Yeah the royalist of course I understand that.

Yeah, due to real-life stuff they weren't/aren't able to do 31 days of streaming with a stream at the exact same time each day, so they did it over the course of a weekend or week stretch with a commitment that they'd be able to do the final one live at the very end of the month

They haven't all been able to be online since...everything broke news-wise last night, but the ones who have been have universally said "this is hosed up, we're disgusted". It's not a thing they condone and if you have a reaction to or against viewing it specifically during/since this I'm sure they understand. Especially since a recently-uploaded one had a segment where Vince was a randomized entrant and then Brock was either the immediate next randomized entrant or two after that

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

StupidSexyMothman posted:

the first two eliminations of this rumble are Cody Rhodes (literally the second The Rock enters the ring) and....Cody Rhodes (2011 version with face mask, tossed out by....The Rock)

Then the Rock eliminated Stardust.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah, due to real-life stuff they weren't/aren't able to do 31 days of streaming with a stream at the exact same time each day, so they did it over the course of a weekend or week stretch with a commitment that they'd be able to do the final one live at the very end of the month

They haven't all been able to be online since...everything broke news-wise last night, but the ones who have been have universally said "this is hosed up, we're disgusted". It's not a thing they condone and if you have a reaction to or against viewing it specifically during/since this I'm sure they understand. Especially since a recently-uploaded one had a segment where Vince was a randomized entrant and then Brock was either the immediate next randomized entrant or two after that
Which one did they re-upload?

bartok
May 10, 2006

That's the only Rumble I'm watching tonight. It might also be the first time I've ever cheered for Doug Basham.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

bartok posted:

That's the only Rumble I'm watching tonight. It might also be the first time I've ever cheered for Doug Basham.

Maybe that's what you call him dude but I call him Danny, brother

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tom brady ftw

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhodes family is cursed not even 3 Codys a Goldust, and a Daddeh AND a faithful Dog can finish the story.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 28, 2024

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I was going to mention that these recorded rumbles are cursed, first Vince/Brock entering back to back yesterday and then joking about making GBS threads on someone' head today, but given that they did a live sim of the '24 rumble yesterday I'm not inclined to give them any sympathy and am generally considering boycotting the rest of these and would encourage others to do so as well.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Nah

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Stone Cold Steve Austin Has Entered Himself In The Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble

Three
Three
Three
Three
Three

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Stone Cold Steve Austin Has Entered Himself In The Royal Rumble

The Royal Rumble

Three
Three
Three
Three
Three

An all new context for “ and that man’s name was Triple H.”

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
doug basham runner up twice and danny not being in any of the rumbles is very funny

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Stone Cold, French sympathizer might be my favorite gimmick of the Rumblethon
e: a late challenger appears in Dupreeple's Court with Secretary of Doug, Bailiff Doug

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 29, 2024

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They're sending us home with No Mercy today.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gavok posted:

They're sending us home with No Mercy today.

It's been a great Rumblethon, one of the most diverse and midcard winners yet (and Andre The Giant a few times)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Some Rumbles need to be ran at 2x and this is one of them.

Do have fond memories of doing Rumbles with four other friends, eliminated person passes the controller.

Ladder matches less fond memories and more yelling and hitting each other.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Chocolate drop 2.0 was well worth that 90 minutes

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

A live Rumblethon during work, that will carry over nicely into Dynamite. Why isn't it Wed yet?

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
omg, the ending

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

The line-up for the runner-up Rumble.

1. Viscera (Vendetta)
2. Edge
3. Kofi Kingston
4. Charlie Haas
5. The Rock
6. MJF
7. Miz
8. Scott Steiner (pre-Big Poppa Pump)
9. Rey Mysterio
10. Scott Norton
11. Steve Austin
12. Hacksaw Jim Duggan
13. Big Show
14. Triple H (Ripper Ace)
15. Undertaker
16. Rhino
17. Kurt Angle
18. Katsuya Kitamura
19. a Basham
20. Shane McMahon
21. X-Pac
22. CM Punk
23. Vince McMahon (Victor McCoy)
24. Lex Luger
25. Randy Orton
26. Triple H
27. Doug Basham
28. Logan Paul
29. Finlay
30. Test

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The ending of today's match had me in fuckin tears

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

RIP Sexual. You danced your big sexy heart out, but unfortunately the handstand on the top rope wasn't meant for a man your size

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Sucks that I'm working tomorrow and will have to miss the stream.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
So Punk is the only active WWE-wrestler who has won a rumble, right?

Meanwhile AEW has Edge, Goldust, Kenny and Aleister Black.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

iirc you can turn on pins, subs, and tkos for the rumble. No Mercy needs those on for this holy god its so long!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the AKI rumbles are good because they just become impromptu podcasts at a certain point

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Almost a 1 in 4 chance that either Andre, Undertaker, or Mark Henry will win the Royaliest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh poo poo this is today, I thought the final was tomorrow for some reason. :woop:

Edit: drat, a ton of people watching this already

Edit 2: broke a sub record for the channel, poo poo is popping off

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 31, 2024