Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006
Scars are tattoos with better stories.
Pass the Ammo.

Tim Curry the televangelist was perfect casting and it's even a musical. When I was in elementary school this movie was so obscure that when I had to write a poem for homework, I just copied this song and got an A.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

I like a few Pauly Shore vehicles

I agree, Son-In-Law is one of my most treasured Thanksgiving movies.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

I brought my Drake posted:

Titan AE is such a fun and dumb little movie with a pretty decent voice cast.

Planet Bob forever.

Man I love Titan AE. I didn't know if it held up and decided to show my lady the movie because she hadn't really seen much scifi before dating me (I've fixed that somewhat already). We started the movie and were really impressed with the animation, storyline, and even the characters were interesting. By the end of first escape scene we were hooked.

I always loved the energy aliens, really neat design for their ships. I want more from theor universe, but I hesitate to ask hollywood as they don't have the best record with old movie sequels right now.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

i never bothered to check out this movie before but now I'm intrigued

If you DO check it out, try this fan edit. It is significantly better and includes additional scenes that help tie up some of the loose ends.

https://archive.org/details/super-mario-bros-1993-the-morton-jankel-cut-extended-vhs_202207

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Cleuseau Remos posted:

O Brother Where Art Thou.

I don't know a single person who has seen that movie who dislikes it. With this confession, the trend continues.

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Elissimpark posted:

The dubbed version of The First of the North Star that came out in the early '90's as japanimation started to take off is pretty terrible but I love the weird cadences of the English voice actors dealing with the unwieldy translations.

"YOU HOTOSHINKING BASTARD!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxyrosis
Aug 4, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

I still haven't seen The Room

Nor I, I don't think I ever will.