Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Chip McFuck posted:

Super Mario Brothers: The Movie from 1993 is a movie that I couldn't get enough of as a kid and still enjoy today. I didn't grow up playing the Mario games (we could only afford a Genesis), so I pretty much went into the movie with no expectations. It's just such a bizarrely entertaining experience between the lighthearted music, braindead characters, and the dystopian pseudo-cyberpunk setting that I had a blast the first time I watched it.

I'm pretty sure every time we would go to Blockbuster it was always in our pile of tapes to rent.

clicked here to post this. classic schlock. adore it.

Everybody walk your dinosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i love Equilibrium, Waterworld, and Spring Breakers. those are all solid films. some flaws sure but on the whole real good

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Nettle Soup posted:

I don't know if I should congratulate or commiserate.

i wish i saw spring breakers in theatres three times

spring breaaaaakeeeers

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Phy posted:

Somewhere else on the forum I mentioned Captain Ron as a bad movie I still loved, and was met with a chorus of "what the hell Captain Ron is great", so don't feel too bad

My whole family must have seen it a half dozen times in the 90s and to this day I run the risk of being told "hey swab, bring me another brewski"

the "he's dead!" eyepatch gag has lived rent free in my head for decades. if i ever lose an eye i want to pull the same schtick while sleepin

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Narzack posted:

I liked The Butterfly Effect a lot. Even all the alternate endings.

oh yeeeeah. i liked that one too. lotta people hating on Ashton Kutcher at the time but i thought he did well in that film. i dug it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
OG Mario Bros Movie has been a staple of bad movie night. so loving absurd. just deranged. very quotable. the mario mario luigi mario prison intake scene is sublime comedy

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Rockman Reserve posted:

who tf is calling a Coen Brothers movie bad

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Liev Schrieber killed it as Sabretooth. best film version of the character we have ever gotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

credburn posted:

I think you could replace Liev Schrieber with a potato and it wouldn't be immediately obvious.

if Schrieber is a potato then he is twicebaked at the very least