Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Alien: Covenant is not especially well-rated but it's one of my favorite Ridley Scott films. The pure nastiness and misanthropy that pervades the entire piece is simply delightful, and Michael Fassbender turns in one of his best performances as David. It's an entertaining movie to watch for whenever you have a rather low opinion of humanity and need a good giggle at the same time. I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

My wife and I have watched The Room at least 7-8 times together, twice in theaters. We seldom like the same movies but it's probably our collective favorite.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Antivehicular posted:

The Room is best watched in its entirety, because a lot of its confusing allure is just how weirdly stitched together all its bits are. Half the scenes in the movie have no relevance whatsoever to the core plot, even if you ignore the scenes that are just shots of San Francisco, and there are tons of vestigial characters. It's worth watching just for the experience, and also because it's impossible to predict which bits of this crap will be hilarious to any given viewer.

Watching The Room in a theatre really makes you notice how many scenes just go on for 4-5 seconds after they really should have cut, how many pointless establishing shots there are, the completely nonsensical dialogue everywhere, etc. At the same time it's eminently watchable because Tommy Wiseau spent a ton of money to buy really high quality digital cameras and even got the studio guys to help film it. If he didn't spend so much of his own money to shoot and promote this pointless vanity project then The Room would have been a lot less fun.