Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Death to Smoochie is in the same camp (to me) as Cable Guy. Hilarious comedies that were really underrated at release that for some reason lots of people just didn't vibe with. I guess it was the same with War of the Roses and Throw Momma From the Train. Interesting that 3 of those were directed by Danny DeVito.

Oldstench has a new favorite as of 13:13 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Narzack posted:

Wait, what book?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4812350-the-cable-guy

Weird

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I refuse to believe that Swordfish is a hated movie. Come on, John Travolta giving supervillain speeches every 10 minutes, Paul Oakenfold all over the soundtrack (one song sampled Grease!), Halle Berry? It's great.
I believe it's the first and only movie I've ever seen where a major action set piece is forcing the protag to hack a system while getting a blowjob or risk being killed.

nonathlon posted:

I could understand someone who doesn't _get_ Buckaroo Banzai, because there's a lot to get. The first time I watched it I missed the first 10 minutes and assumed that it contained some important explanatory material. Nope. Which is what makes Buckaroo Banzai great, the way it sticks to its own crazy universe without winking.
Well, he does go into the 8th dimension with his oscillation overthruster which Lizardo/Whorfin sees on the news. This sets the whole plot in motion.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh man you're gonna get more than you bargained for then
does he hang dong?