Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Super Mario Brothers: The Movie from 1993 is a movie that I couldn't get enough of as a kid and still enjoy today. I didn't grow up playing the Mario games (we could only afford a Genesis), so I pretty much went into the movie with no expectations. It's just such a bizarrely entertaining experience between the lighthearted music, braindead characters, and the dystopian pseudo-cyberpunk setting that I had a blast the first time I watched it.

I'm pretty sure every time we would go to Blockbuster it was always in our pile of tapes to rent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

As a kid, I LOVED the Warriors of Virtue, and it still holds a place in my heart despite how dumb it is. Basically, it's a ripoff of TMNT, but with ninja kangaroos that each have an elemental theme (including metal, for some reason) in a mystical vaguely-Asian inspired world. The plot barely holds together and the characters don't make much sense, but the world looked cool, and that's all I needed.

My poor grandmother even bought me the kangaroo warrior toys, and I have a sealed copy of the VHS lying around somewhere.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Freejack is probably one of my favorite trashy 90's action movies. Sure, it features some truly awful performances and a plot that doesn't make much sense, but holy hell, is it just a lot of fun. Cars flipping and exploding at the drop of a hat, Mick Jagger trying to act as he leads his brightly-colored Mad Max-esque gang around, and a vision of a future 2009 that is truly strange. I can't help but love it.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Dreamcatcher is a movie that people really hate but I absolutely love! Everything about it is just such a perfect storm of bad that it wraps around to being hilarious. Bizarre acting choices, calling the aliens 'poo poo weasels', Morgan Freeman clearly not giving a poo poo; it's all so, so good.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

if lady in the water is bad why is Paul Giamatti there

He needed a paycheck.

Lady in the Water is interesting only because of M. Night's huge ego. He plays an author who will publish a work so profound and deep that he will lead humanity into a new age of peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Just was reminded of X-Men Wolverine: Origins and drat do I love that movie. Terrible script, terrible effects, terrible acting, it's got it all and is so entertaining because of it.