Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i haven’t seen it since it was in theaters but The Village was honestly mostly fine? i knew the twist basically from the first ten minutes because it was a ripoff of some children’s book i read a summary of in a Scholastic book order catalog

idk, the cinematography seemed pretty rad and knowing the twist made a lot of little things jump out more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Death to Smoochy is a movie that most people I’ve discussed it with hate. More than one of them have complained “who is this movie *for*?”, which is kind of valid, it is tonally a very strange film.

But it’s for me. That’s who it’s for. I like this weirdly optimistic movie about being kind and principled against all kinds of overwhelming pressure and nihilism. Plus it might be my favorite performance from both Robin Williams and Ed Norton - Norton as a harmless goof and Williams as a psychotically violent shamed children’s entertainer, it’s fantastic.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

I didn’t watch Cable Guy until like 2021 and it kinda blew my mind, movie is good and weird.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

who tf is calling a Coen Brothers movie bad

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

The Room is mostly fascinating for perfectly capturing the feeling of watching daytime TV while sick with a raging fever