Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Cats.

No, I'm not talking about a different movie called Cats, I'm talking about the one you're thinking of. I saw it at the cinema twice.

People seemed to hate it for one of two reasons:
  1. It's not the same as the live, stage version. And to those people, I say "good." I haven't seen it but it sounds poo poo. I don't want to see it and every change that you say ruined the movie sounds like an improvement to me.
  2. It's weird. And to those people I say "yes, that's why it's good." It's an incoherent mess and you never really know what's happening or why, or what to expect next. It's an experience.

James Corden is loving awful though. The movie would be perfect if they'd just cut him out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Pham Nuwen posted:

BASEketball. I can't justify it, but I've watched it probably a dozen times since my roommate introduced it to me in college. Ditto Cannibal! The Musical.
I'd add Orgasmo and Team America: World Police. I'd put Parker and Stone alongside Penn & Teller and Mike Judge as people whose political opinions are terrible (and very obvious in their work) but whose work is still very entertaining.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

credburn posted:

These are the best "bad movies" I've ever seen. Each one rewatchable again and again. Each one a sort of passion project to someone, each one a complete train wreck. But there's earnestness in it.

I think most of these are on Tubi and worth every minute.

Well, I love the two of these movies that I've seen so I guess I should watch the other three.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mosnar posted:

I'm either surprised or comforted that Shock Treatment has not been mentioned.
One of my favourite movies. I usually describe it as Idiocracy but good. I wouldn't post it in this thread though because it's not a bad movie that I love, it's an excellent movie that is great.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

the 80s TV series did the best version because Ford convinces the foreman to take Arthur's place in the mud in front of his own bulldozer
Pretty sure that's how it goes in the book too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

DicktheCat posted:

My wife looked at me in wide- eyed shock when we heard some of the music from it one day, and cried, "My loving dad used to go around singing this song!"
Hopefully not this one.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Hackers film 1995 posted:

maybe its an age thing but we got to talking about the matrix movies at work and i am 5-10 years older than my coworkers (im 40) and they all talk fondly about the matrix sequels to the point that they didnt seem to know that anyone didnt like them.
Probably saw them as children and never rewatched them as adults. You get the same thing with the Star Wars prequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

You can't really watch it without Rifftrax (either the original version or live).

I guess if you've got no friends to watch it with that might be an acceptable alternative.