Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

you broke my grill posted:

I watched Captain Ron a bunch when I was younger and I guess it's stupid but I like it.

Somewhere else on the forum I mentioned Captain Ron as a bad movie I still loved, and was met with a chorus of "what the hell Captain Ron is great", so don't feel too bad

My whole family must have seen it a half dozen times in the 90s and to this day I run the risk of being told "hey swab, bring me another brewski"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

teen witch posted:

- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (I’ve met people who think it’s garbage, they exist)

Writing the Buckaroo Cinematic Universe's equivalent of Infinity War without doing thirteen previous films was a move so bold the font is in Haettenschweiler

I thought it was pretty great

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I spent some formative years of my childhood in northern BC and I always felt like FD2 did the world a service by instilling a very healthy respect for/fear of logging trucks

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

PuttyKnife posted:

What is the weirdest Paul Giammati movie?

Last episode of season 2 of 30 Coins.

30 Coins doesn't belong in this thread, but it does get incredibly weird.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Southland Tales is awesome and speaking of The Rock, I also like Pain and Gain. At least glancing at RT, Metacritic and IMDB user data it's not hated, but I've never met another irl person that liked it. At least some of the people I've talked to went in blind thinking it was some The Rock/Marky Mark buddy comedy...which it kind of is, but got dark enough one couple I know walked out (lmao, what?).

You know what, I did like Pain and Gain

I'm never gonna watch it a second time but it really codified for me the scorn Michael Bay feels for his characters. Just a movie full of lovely dumb assholes perpetually walking into their own garden hoes

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Who are the rear end holes who think Event Horizon is a bad movie, I will fight them with fists and kicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Navras from the third movie is on my list of "music I should totally not listen to while driving (but I'm gonna anyway)"