Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Antivehicular posted:

I can't say that I love The Big Hit, a movie that is about 90% bad and not even in a funny way, but I think about two characters from it a lot: the main character, Melvin Smiley, a professional hitman whose primary desire is to be liked by everyone he meets, and his professional acquaintance Crunch, a hitman who has just discovered masturbation and is completely obsessed. Crunch in particular is just a perfect jewel of stupid comedy in a movie that's mostly painfully unfunny.

Straight JACKIN saves you that mad cream.

I do love this movie and quote it a lot.

I said LANOLIN. None of that aloe vera BULLSHIT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I liked The Butterfly Effect a lot. Even all the alternate endings.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
He punches a carrot through a guy's skull at the beginning. That should tell you a lot about the movie. So, it's always been weird to me that people didn't like it. Ah well.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
It's also the pure distillation of his art, without the distractions of smashing cars and detonating buildings. Like, it's the most Michael Bay movie Michael Bay has ever made.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I bought and read the Cable Guy book way back in 1996, but I don't remember anything about it except for a dream scene. I need to reread it, if I can find the book.

Wait, what book?

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Toys is really good. So, so bizarre and confident. Got that really good Tori Amos song, too. I love how LL Cool J just suddenly appear sometimes, being in the raddest camouflage and stuff.

Also, I'm glad some of you also posted movies that I don't like, because I was starting to suspect that I have horrible taste in movies(I do.)

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
I will never stop defending Event Horizon. Also Mortal Kombat 97. The rest of Paul WS Anderson is poo poo. Except for Soldier, of course.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008

Rappaport posted:

The Secret of N.I.M.H.
is amazing and I will fight you :colbert:

(Even if it deviates from the book :ohdear:)

When I was a kid, the scene where they mice were getting experimented on really scared me.

teen witch posted:

^user name

My wife has loved Teen Witch since she was a kid. We both agree Ryan Reynolds chose the wrong sister.

Cowslips Warren posted:

who the gently caress says Event Horizon is a bad movie? Some people say the effects are bad these days but dude, I watch it and the loving everything is perfect. I still use the "Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see." and "Hell is just a word. The reality is far worse."

Let's hit on some crap animated movies, like the bad bad ones. Don Bluth did amazing with American Tail and Land Before Time (the first ones at least for both) and I love All Dogs Go to Heaven, but everything else kinda was just....so bad. Titan AE was perhaps the best of the bunch, and even that was weird (and cut the explanation of how the bad guys could get erased, there should have been buildup over the movie, and aside from Nathan Lane's character, everyone else was pretty forgettable).

I remember my neighbor had like every lovely Bluth movie, and the kids didn't even want to watch the poo poo. Talking Pebble and the Penguin, which I liked most of the songs, and how loving ridiculous the bad guy was (voiced by Tim Curry) even if everyone else again, poo poo. I could not get into the designs of Rock a Doodle or the Central Park troll movie though.

Remember Swan Princess? Amazing soundtrack, and the best scene ever in any princess movie:

The prince has proposed to the princess, everyone in the ballroom is clapping, and she asks why he wants to marry her.

Prince: You're beautiful!

Princess: And what else?

Prince: .........what else is there?

I think it was kind of a flop when it came out, but I will be glad to know that more people like Event Horizon. Also, I like Titan A.E., but I agree, it could definitely have used more time in the oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
Eh, you're not really missing much. It isn't nearly as funny or fascinating as the Internet makes it out to be. Pretty boring