Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Tank Girl (1995) was a B-budget comic book adaptation that managed to get a pretty decent cast together with Lori Petty as the titular tank girl, Naomi Watts as the sidekick and Malcolm McDowell as the main antagonist. It also stars Ice-T in a kangaroo suit as one of the mysterious Rippers who turn out to be a bunch of horny dorks.

It absolutely bombed. The plot is dumb, most fans of the comic hate it. The humor is full of very crass jokes, but at least it's true to the source material in that regard. Its only saving grace is the comic book style animated clips spliced in between scenes. I've read that Naomi Watts refuses to talk about the movie.

And I love it. It's the perfect movie to just turn your brain off and enjoy the spectacle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

1 posted:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (aka LXG): sure, it throws away everything great about the source, but the production design is fantastic - in particular, the prosthetics work for Mr Hyde is perfect.
I really enjoyed this one as well, as someone who's never read the source material.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

1 posted:

The Sweethaven set, designed to look like the buildings have been constructed from broken ships, is genius.
It's still around too. I've never been there, but I've driven past on occasion while visiting Malta.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popeye_Village

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I didn't have high expectations when a friend invited me to see Willys Wonderland because I just saw "murderous animatronics" and kind of wrote it off as a cash grab riding the then-current popularity of FNAF. But I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sky Captain is one of those movies that I wish was good because I love the visual style, but everything else about it is just so mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The alley fight is one of the funniest fight scenes I've seen.