Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

i dont know if anyone hates it, but other than the one scene everyone remembers, i doubt anyone really cares much about Deep Blue Sea. i however, love it and watch it at least once a year. an insanely good bad film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

hmm. yeah i hear all of your ideas on “plot holes” or “story inconsistencies” or “very stupid writing” and i choose to just get real mad irl that you would insult the perfect film, deep blue sea. my hat is like a shark’s fin!

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

that creepy line “me got boy. boy me got” will pop into my head whenever i think of the cell.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

DrBouvenstein posted:

They recruit/find The Invisible Man because he's been raping teen girls at a boarding school and impregnating them.

yikes. i read the omnibus and do not remember this. granted it was almost 10 years ago that i read it.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Pham Nuwen posted:

You mean a tendency to say "Steeeeeeeeve Perry" when somebody is trying to do something involving hand-eye coordination? Yeah I've got that one too.

i was gonna post this too haha.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

credburn posted:

These are the best "bad movies" I've ever seen. Each one rewatchable again and again. Each one a sort of passion project to someone, each one a complete train wreck. But there's earnestness in it.

I think most of these are on Tubi and worth every minute.

babycat looks interesting…if you are a sex weirdo

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

but 90s mike myers is the only tolerable and sometimes downright good myers! :shrug:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

hmm. i didnt realize that the only 3 mike myers movies i love were released in 1992 and 1993 haha. they are great because of mike myers not despite of him imo.

i watch a lot of horror movies and i have friends that have a horror movie podcast and they were surprised to hear that one of my favorite horror movies is poltergeist 2 haha. i dont know if everyone hates it (more likely they have never seen it), but i have a weird affinity for that dumbass film. poo poo is creepy

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Antiquated Pants posted:

I host an annual bad-movie competition for my friends. I might have to research a few of these as possible entries...

My favorite bad movie that I love to hit people with a DESPISER. Randomly found it at a Blockbuster way back when, and it took me years to track down a physical copy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEcgGEExCL8

its cool they got the same animators as xavier the renegade angel and also got xavier to do the voiceover

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Yeah, I also have fond memories of Son in Law.

Someone brought a copy to a class where the teacher quit caring what we did. There was a sub that day and I guess since there were really no other lesson plans, the movie went on ... until it got to the lesbian kiss. The sub turned it off - this wsa 1999 and n the rural south - but when the regular teacher came back in, we played the whole thing, kiss and all.

Also saw Danny DeVito in Renaissance Man in that class and have fond memories of it for the same reason.

mods please change my name to DANNY DEVITO’S LESBIAN KISS

son in law and encino man are fine films. there i said it

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

cable guy was unfairly maligned for sure. so many quotable lines

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Rockman Reserve posted:

who tf is calling a Coen Brothers movie bad

ive heard plenty of people say ladykillers is bad but i liked it. the coen bros cannot miss imo

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

maybe its an age thing but we got to talking about the matrix movies at work and i am 5-10 years older than my coworkers (im 40) and they all talk fondly about the matrix sequels to the point that they didnt seem to know that anyone didnt like them. it was weird. for the record i dont hate them, but the 3rd one is bad and the 2nd one is also bad but not as bad

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

credburn posted:

But as an adult I realize the prequels are really good (maybe not so much Episode 2) :confused:

i like this thread because its obviously a judgement free zone so ill just stop my post here…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

hmmm. surprised at the hate the room is getting in this thread. i assume people are watching it alone (which is crazy), but it is incredibly fun with friends