Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Milo and POTUS posted:

I think a lot of people have it as a guilty pleasure at this point but Southland Tales is amazing and terrible. I cannot get the scene where leslie knope and avon barksdale get blasted by Jay Sherman in front of Stiffler and Dwayne The Rock Johnson out of my head. Or the scene where Justin Timberlake gets really high, and the movie basically stops while he looks right at the camera and has a song and dance number to All the things I've done by the killers.

It feels like 2024 reportage, like when it came out everyone was all what is this absurd nonsense, now it's more Ah yes this accurately describes my lived reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Lockout is a brilliantly terrible movie with guy pearce drowning standing up, as a brave man should

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Cowslips Warren posted:

i remember bringing Swan Princess over for my nieces to watch. They grew up with Cinderella and Ariel, i got them onto Mulan and Avatar, but the Swan Princess they thought was hilarious for the scene I mentioned (they both hated the prince after that) and mocked the "go shopping for a princess" song. They did, and I did, enjoy how the bumbling friend sidekick actually helped save the day. And the frog who thought a princess kiss would turn him into a prince. Spoiler: it did not. He was still a frog.

Another rat movie: A Mouse and His Child. Apparently I watched this nonstop as a kid, but it's a living toy movie that I don't think anyone else remembers. I do recall the scene that always gave me nightmares, when a toy says he's too tired to work, and one of the rat masters literally rips him to shreds; you only see the shadows and hear the toy donkey screaming that he'll work, he changed his mind. It was all very weird hand-drawn animation as befit cartoons in the 80's, but it was not Disney or Bluth.

Mouse and his child is a stone classic book, in that litfic but for kids, Phantom tollbooth way.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hackers film 1995 posted:

maybe its an age thing but we got to talking about the matrix movies at work and i am 5-10 years older than my coworkers (im 40) and they all talk fondly about the matrix sequels to the point that they didnt seem to know that anyone didnt like them. it was weird. for the record i dont hate them, but the 3rd one is bad and the 2nd one is also bad but not as bad

I like the architects speech, it's great, also lowkey one of the best trolls of the early 21st century

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Chip McFuck posted:

Just was reminded of X-Men Wolverine: Origins and drat do I love that movie. Terrible script, terrible effects, terrible acting, it's got it all and is so entertaining because of it.

what are you going to do, villain??!

VILLAIN: (picking up huge gun that fires bullets like lead cigars) I'm going to erase his memory

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

hallo spacedog posted:

I agree completely - it ISN'T GOOD by any metric of the word good but it's very much its own batshit insane thing and I think that's amazing. I wish there were more films like that. Just giant weird sprawling insanity.

yeah. it's also somehow much more real in 2024 than it was when it was released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Elissimpark posted:

I just glanced at the synopsis on Wikipedia and saw it has Seann William Scott in it. I'm gonna have to watch it, I think.

No idea why, but I love Seann William Scott.

don't read anything more about it, just inhale it and breathe out understanding