Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Famethrowa posted:

I adore The One. A mouse strapped with C4 is released from a shoe, and explodes on cue with the disturbed guy going WAH-AHAHAH, and evil Jet Li goes on a rampage punching cars into the air while getting more powerful using Highlander rules by killing his multiverse clones.

It's like a really excited 12 year old told you about his movie idea while playing with his gi joes. it rules.

https://youtu.be/2w9eQ5FABko?si=xsCP70dfye4lkU70

Speaking of Highlander:
About a year and a half ago, I wanted to do an accent study for a tabletop character I was going to play, with a target accent of "confusingly pan-European", and I thought I should rewatch Highlander because Christopher Lambert's accent is ... strange. Highlander is a worse movie than I remembered it being.

Then I did something I'd never done before, and watched Highlander II.

Highlander II is amazing.

(To be fair to its reputation, the first version of it I ever saw was the Special Edition, which fixes up visual effects and cuts any references to the Immortals being aliens. I've watched a couple other versions, which include all the stuff about Zeist being an alien world, and it is indeed dumb.)

Cyberpunk dystopia of endless humid night!
The villains were moments away from winning, but hosed everything up in the first act! (And allowed the existence of subsequent acts.)
Michael Ironside running around with a grin on his face, joyfully murdering everyone!
Sean Connery repeatedly talking about GENERAL KATANA.

Seriously, if you've never heard Sean Connery say the word 'katana', check this movie out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJY1A9GiG6Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Grammarchist posted:

Neon City had its charms, even if it was basically Michael Ironside being a low-rent Mad Max taking an RV trip in the year 2053.

You have my attention.