Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Star Trek V. "What does God need with a starship?" Is a cheese classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Wild in the Streets is a great movie.

Imagine this: It's 1968. The voting age has been successfully lowered to 14, and Boomers parlay this newfound people power (fourteen or fight!) to elect a hippie as president. What follows is mandatory retirement at age 30, acid concentration camps and a lot of ridiculously over the top poo poo. This movie can't decide whether it wants to be a parody of the generations' (Boomers and Silents) perceptions of each other or a scary cautionary tale about not heeding the wisdom of elders, and that makes it all the more fun. I don't think Wild in the Streets is a particularly well known film but it should be.

The entire movie used to be on Youtube, so if you're interested check there.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

1 posted:

Ishtar: it's genuinely funny, and has terrible songs, but absolutely craftfully written by Paul Williams to be very deliberately bad.

:respek:

The terribly written songs in that movie are hilarious.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I bought and read the Cable Guy book way back in 1996, but I don't remember anything about it except for a dream scene. I need to reread it, if I can find the book.