Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

the holy poopacy posted:

Everyone else is great! Someone just made the regrettable decision to put Mike Myers on camera for the entire runtime of the movie, which is generally a mistake.

I guess he's fine as the yelling Scottish dad, he's ok in small doses. That would have been a fine use of Mike Myers if they hadn't also cast him as the main character.

Mike Myers is notorious for not wanting to give up screen time, and also for not allowing anyone to be funnier than him on screen. Axe Murderer was coming off the heels of the wildly successful and profitable Wayne’s World so Myers had a lot of clout and decision-making power.

Penelope Spheeris, director of Wayne’s World, was basically given the choice: do the film Mike’s way and he will let you direct a sequel if there is one, or make the movie your way and forget about a return. She did it her way, the movie was amazing, and Myers said adios.

Dana Carvey had quit the movie before it even got going because of Myers cutting out most of Garth’s lines, and had to be convinced to come back to the project by being told that he could ad-lib whatever he wanted.

I still love Axe Murderer and WW in spite of and despite Mike Myers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Anytime I mention FREAKED to someone who hasn’t seen it, they just don’t believe that it’s real.

When saying something in the affirmative, I still occasionally say “eye and eye” and it whooshes over everyone’s head. Sad times we live in.

It’s legitimately one of my favorite movies of all time.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Wait til you see who plays Ortiz the dog boy!

The supporting case is shockingly good; for example the Cowboy is Sol from Deadwood, John Hawkes.