Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Batman and Robin. I love 60s Batman so I appreciate every ridiculous pun out of Arnold’s mouth, every over the top moment Uma is in, the huge garish sets, the bat-nipples, all of it. I saw it three times in the theater (as I did Spice World). Just slather me in the cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

1 posted:

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (aka LXG): sure, it throws away everything great about the source, but the production design is fantastic - in particular, the prosthetics work for Mr Hyde is perfect.

I haven’t watched this film since I saw it in the theater (dressed up as Mina Murray no less). I was a huge fan of the comics, problematic aspects aside. I remember it as being a fun adaptation and I was bummed it wasn’t more popular if only because that’s probably the most accurate Captain Nemo we’re ever gonna get, Naseeruddin Shah knocked him out of the park and as a massive 20,000 Leagues fan I wish he was the star instead.

My strongest memory of the film is Mr. Hyde rushing down a corridor of the Nautilus and Dr. Jekyll is reflected in the portholes saying something like “that’s it Henry, you’ve got this!” It was so ridiculous but in retrospect that’s where the film sold me.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

teen witch posted:

Nightbreed is criminally underrated and I drat near cried at the end of it, I genuinely think if it was released now it’d be a mainstream queer classic

Around 2000 I bought a book I now kick myself for giving away, a history of and interviews with influential special effects artists. I can’t remember his name but the guy that worked on Nightbreed spoke of his frustration how the film was advertised like any other stalker/slasher movie instead of being open about the monsters being the heroic characters. It was supposed to be a trilogy but the studio tanked it.