Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season of Doctor Who should get a Blu-ray set next?
This poll is closed.
One of the black-and-white seasons 16 29.63%
Season 7 7 12.96%
Season 11 1 1.85%
Season 13 0 0%
Season 15 2 3.70%
The Key to Time 21 38.89%
Season 21 0 0%
Season 25 7 12.96%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

McGann posted:

I've meant to post this for a while but finally got around to it.

It's a shame they had to call that season Flux, because right around that time someone got me a copy of the Doctor Who Fluxx card game (https://www.looneylabs.com/games/doctor-who-fluxx) which has sat, unused, in my game collection since received.

Partly due to it taking an act of god to get me to try a new game out (or play one in general) these days, but I'd love to blame some of it on the poor name coincidence.

So, anyone play it and am I missing out? Never played Fluxx anything.
Fluxx is generally judged as being liked by those with a particular palate. If (as above poster says), chaos, chance and unfair broken situations is fun and OK then hell yeah. Many board game hobbists see themselves as above such silliness and prefer board games where they actually have some semblance of control over what happens. Flux games are basically rolling a dice to see who wins in a very convoluted manner. I love them! But it *can* get old quick for many, which is understandable.

The next step towards an 'actual game' (whatever that means) would be doctor who themed munchkin which,,,, hmm after googling,,, surprisingly doesn't exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Season 13 Episode 2: War of the Sontarans
i'm watching flux for the first time at the moment so these write ups are timely!! thank you for them, they are always v. good Jerusalem and help reinvorate stuff i've seen before and give new angles/shed new light. i.e. your pacific posts : p

just starting this ep. right now and for all the deserved grief ch. got on his run -- he does new things at least? like i've never seen doctor who revival in greyscale like this, and the house looks like straight out of 2005 deviant art and its awesome.